Surgery in 3 days!

-inoperative-
on 11/2/16 6:03 pm
VSG on 05/11/06

I have my surgery on the 5th, feeling scared and excited. Any tips on what to bring to hospital?

Cathy H.
on 11/2/16 10:23 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I took a bunch of things I ended up not needing, because the hospital I went to just provided everything as part of the package.  There's a checklist here on this site...Kathy S. posted them on my wall before my surgery.  Just in case, here they are:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/ 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/ 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/ 

Congratulations and can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Anita
on 11/2/16 10:28 pm

people will tell you all sorts of stuff to bring.......for me the most important things were lip balm, toothbrush and toothpaste, robe and nightgown because hospital gowns stink.....(your butt can get cold), maybe an iPod or iPad, hairbrush, clean change of underwear, and I know I'm probably forgetting something, but others will fill in the blanks.

I slept most of the time. Be sure that you wear loose fitting clothing (yes, I know that if we actually had loose fitting clothes, we'd be in a different situation) when you go to the hospital so that when you are ready to leave, it doesn't bind. Some people had a pillow for in the car so that it can be held against the incision area so the seat belt doesn't rub or you can kind of brace your body against any bumpiness. Others have suggested Gas-X strips....they didn't help me, but others have said it helped them....so I'm not the judge of that option.

Scared and excited.....sounds normal......just keep your eye on the prize.....better health, weight loss, new clothes in smaller sizes......all sorts of good things coming your way.

Best of everything in your journey and be sure to let us know when you get home so we can welcome you to the Loser's Bench.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Joshua H.
on 11/2/16 10:51 pm
VSG on 10/26/16

I brought:

• 1 book (read the whole thing)
  • Phone/charger
  • Chapstick (didn't use)
  • Couple pair of underwear and socks

They gave me:

• Toothbrush/toothpaste/mouthwash
  • Soap/shampoo
  • Chapstick (...but I used theirs -- they were quick on the draw)

I wish I brought:

• Another shirt/shorts

...by the time I got a relief set of clothes delivered from home, my original set was a bit ripe (wasn't allowed to shower until 48+ hours after surgery).

-inoperative-
on 11/3/16 3:00 pm
VSG on 05/11/06

I hadn't;t even thought about not being able to shower! Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views