I'm on phase 2, no idea on food please help

Fel
on 11/6/16 3:52 pm

I'm on phase 2 mushy foods and its is hard, don't know what to cook. Had eggs, cream of week, pastina don't like. And don't know what else to have. Please help with ideas 

rocky513
on 11/6/16 4:04 pm - WI

Here is a link to a site with lots of food ideas for the various stages after WLS.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Fel
on 11/6/16 4:08 pm

Thank you, it's so hard 

Cathy H.
on 11/6/16 4:40 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

This is the list I was given for when I start Phase 2...maybe it will help...in addition to the eggs and cream of wheat:

Low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
Low-fat/low-sugar yogurt
Boiled/mashed potato
Blended soups (chicken noodle, chicken rice, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, turkey noodle, vegetarian vegetable, cream of potato)
Sugar-free pudding

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

AK_Gipson
on 11/6/16 5:25 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

Faux banana ice cream with banana creme zero carb protein powder ... Look at recipes on Pinterest 

fat free refried beans with shredded cheese melted on top

cottage cheese with speghetti sauce and melted cheese

brocolli cheese soup (blended to mush the broccoli) 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Lauraloutoo
on 11/6/16 6:30 pm
VSG on 10/24/16

I've eaten a lot of cottage cheese this last week. I like it with curry powder and salt. Also, scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheese, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and sugar free pudding with protein powder added. 

Anita
on 11/6/16 7:04 pm

I was told that Wendy's chili is a good option (I love it)......when I was on mushies, I bought a large chili, put it in the food processor to turn it into a puree and made 4 meals out of the one "serving."  A small chili has 17 g of protein (kind of high in carbs though, so I'm not sure where that puts us), but, even 5 months out (today actually.....woo hoo)  I can't finish a whole small portion. I just don't puree it anymore. Usually I make my own chili, but if I don't have any in my freezer, I go there to grab some.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Cathy H.
on 11/6/16 8:39 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

It's so funny how different everyone's programs are.  I was told no ground meat until Phase 3...and I don't get beans until Phase 5 at 8 weeks lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Anita
on 11/6/16 8:56 pm

yes.....I've always watched what others post to see how their doctor's plans either differ or coincide with mine. The ground beef I was allowed at that point was pureed....not simply ground and beans, of course were also pureed.

Bottom line, follow your doctor's instructions, not anyone else's....that's why you selected your doctor. I probably have stage 2 and 3 confused........but please kind of ignore my confusion..........I did a garage sale yesterday and today and my feet are killing me. On top of that, I'm so tired, I'm punchy...BUT I did get in all my protein and fluids both days, so I'm proud of myself for that. I did this at my friend's house because she wanted me to join her and I live in a condo development that doesn't allow garage sales. I schlepped all sorts of junk over there because as my kids say...and I admit - I am a pack-rat! (don't tell them that I've said they're right - they'll never let me live it down) On the other hand, I like to remind my kids that any time over the past 20 years that they've ever needed something for their houses, they went shopping in my garage....furniture, TV's, dishes, silverware, linens....you name it....I've had it.  Now I have, or had all this leftover junk and wanted to at least turn some of it into cash. Next week the rest of the stuff will get picked up by my charities and I will take probably half of the money I made from the garage sale and give it to another of my charities....it's kind of my "thing." The big thrill of the sale was that I sold off some of my clothes that no longer fit.....waaaaay tooooooo big........I love my sleeve!!The pile of clothing that no longer fits is growing by leaps and bounds.

Enjoy moving through to the next stage......soon you're be having real food that you can actually chew....you just won't be eating a lot of it. I've found that I actually enjoy my food more now as I need to savor the flavors and texture because I have to eat more slowly, more consciously and so much less than before.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Neesie57
on 11/6/16 8:55 pm, edited 11/6/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My favorite was 2 ounces of canned chicken with light mayo and some curry powder added in.  Scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt with added protein powder, or TVP, (textured vegetable protein) from Bob's red mill.  It doesn't have much taste, but adds some crunch. cottage cheese, potted meats and grated cheese.

Make sure you weigh and measure everything, and write it all down so you can keep track daily. 

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active