Liquid diet tips

Brynnirene
on 12/27/16 10:32 am
VSG on 12/29/16

My surgery is in 2 days, I'm very nervous. I've been doing the liquid diet and its been a bit of a struggle, Especially when I am a 16 year old girl and hang out with my friends all the time (who are very understanding and supportive about it all) but aren't in my position. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to stick through this and what were some somewhat good things you enjoyed while one this diet! Thanks 

sgg1002
on 12/27/16 1:26 pm, edited 12/27/16 5:26 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Eating low sodium chicken, veggie and beef broths helped me during that clear liquid diet stage.  Also sf jello.  :)

One Bad Beach
on 12/27/16 2:25 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

SF Jell-O, SF ice pops, low sodium chicken and beef broth all helped me on the clear liquid diet.  I COULD. NOT. STAND. the veggie broth.

SF Jell-O pudding, SF fudge pops, lower sodium/reduced fat creamed soups helped me on the full liquid diet.

Hope this helps!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

jachristmas
on 12/27/16 4:11 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

SF jello and SF Popsicles were always a treat since it provided a little texture and crunch. I also made crystal light ice cubes to put in my water to change the flavor. after surgery I didn't like cold for a few days and SF hot chocolate or warmed up chocolate protein powder in milk was yummy! hang in there you are almost there!

sheri.calabrese
on 12/28/16 6:11 am
VSG on 12/14/16

It's not as bad as you think and after surgery you can't eat so that makes it easier. It took me all day to get my water and shakes in. I sipped ALL day long I had no time to think of food lol. It will go faster than you think. Keep your eyes on the prize :) 

Most Active