Major NSV - Crossfit :)

Stacy_WLS
on 12/28/16 7:24 am

I've had a couple of big weeks at the gym and it has just got me crazy excited and even more addicted.  

I know this can be hard for some people to relate to early in their journey -- I never thought I could do this stuff.  But I wanted to share -- also to let you know that even 3 + years later you will still get NSVs if you keep pushing youselves.  

Double Unders - I have been working on these for 9 months.  This is a jump rope where you get the rope under your feet twice in one jump.  I got my first one on 12/18.  

I kind of had given up that I would ever get them - ussually when they were in the workout I would just scale it to single unders (regular jump rope).  My coach told me to make a double attempt every 5 singles.  I did and BAM I got them.  I wacked myself with the rope many times that workout as I kept going for them.  Now every day I'm in the gym I spend 2 - 3 minutes on them.  I got 10  yesterday (with singles in between) without stopping.  It was freaking amazing :)

Toes to Bar - I can't honestly say that I have been working on these for 9 months because I wasn't even close back then.  This is when you hang from a bar by your hands and pull your legs up to hit the bar with your toes.  I got my first ones on Monday 12/26 :)

After getting the double unders I wanted to focus on getting something else.  On Monday after a rough workout I swapped out the other ab exercise for some time working on these.  I nailed it on my second attempt :)  Yesterday they were in the workout.  I got 30 of them!

Now I'm working on unassisted pull ups.  I'm going to get these in 2017.  I've put on a little bit of weight (lost ~5 lbs since thanksgiving).  I know if I lose ~10 lbs or so more it will make this even easier.  

Fitness is so much fun!  Keep trying different things into you fall in love with something.  Our bodies are amazing and can do amazing things when we treat them well! :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Ms Shell
on 12/28/16 8:31 am - Hawthorne, CA

Rock star  

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Gortzilla
on 12/28/16 11:01 am - Fremont, MI

I have been doing crossfit for about 4 months and cant wait to get those 

i am hoping in 2017 i can get those and do 1 crossfit competition 

Great Job!!!

Stacy_WLS
on 12/28/16 11:15 am

The crossfit open starts the end of February.  It is super fun & everyone can do it.  They post 1 workout a week for 5 weeks.  My box does them on Friday nights, but you can do them whenever.  If your box isn't doing it you can videotape it and post it.  

What is so cool about it is that you can see year over year how you improve.  

I do want to try a live crossfit competition, but timing is hard.  I only have my son on the weekends and I don't want to give up a whole day with him, but I'm sure I will do it at some point.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Gortzilla
on 12/28/16 11:39 am - Fremont, MI

I have considered doing the open and my box does the same as yours Friday nights they tape and send them in 

The box i go to has a live comp every September which is a team event the first day is the RX and the second day is a scaled comp and i am going to either join a team or create a team 

Good luck on the open 

Most Active