Question for those who have used the vitamin patch for a while...

happyteacher
on 2/23/17 4:21 pm

I have been using the patch for a quite a while now, and used several packs of them. I have noticed on the stuff that came in my recent shipment the patches are falling off very easily. Back when I first started using them I practically had to chisel them off. Anyone else notice this? It is bad enough that they are falling off in an hour or so, so quite sure I am not getting enough in given they are designed to be on for 6 or more hours. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/23/17 4:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I've been using them for awhile & noticed some of them are not as sticky as they used to be, but they still stay in place.

Hint: Since my girls decided to move down south & its russian roulette for me to find a good fitting bra, putting them under there or by my rib cage, or my skin folds keeps them on due to all the heat generated there. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

happyteacher
on 2/23/17 6:29 pm

Double mastectomy here, and my chest is not just flat- it is concave. So that won't work for me... but I appreciate you letting me know they are not as sticky. I am contemplating contacting them for a replacement. if I have another one fall of quickly again I might call.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

yvranx42
on 2/24/17 11:28 am, edited 2/24/17 3:29 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Just a quick suggestion - I assume you're talking about PatchMD. I tried calling them a couple weeks ago because I wanted to modify my recurring order. Called multiple times and just got their voicemail. But - I went online and they had an online chat function that connected me to someone within a minute who was very helpful. She followed up with an email so I have a direct communication line now. So - maybe try the online chat instead of the phone call if you want to get it resolved right away.

happyteacher
on 2/24/17 2:04 pm

Good suggestion- thank you!

happycampertoo
on 2/23/17 4:45 pm
VSG on 04/06/15

I have used them for quite a while myself.  I started having issues with them not sticking as well a few months ago and began putting them on my back under my wide bra strap (on my back, as far as my hand can reach below my armpit, lol).  This has worked well for me. 

Anita
on 2/23/17 9:45 pm

I've had an occasional few that didn't stick as well as I'd like......I've taken to putting them on either inside my bra (yes Happyteacher, I read your situation) or under my panties. I usually put them on my abdomen and they seem to stay really well that way. From what I understand, keeping them on for 8 hours is the time needed, so I put them on right after my morning shower and then by the end of the day, if I actually make it to the gym (so far I've been really good about it), I can do my workout and then hit the sauna and shower so that I'm nice and clean when I get home and have had them on long enough. One word of caution....if you still have patches on when you get into the shower, it could be interesting getting them off.....for some reason, I've found that if they get wet, they stick like crazy.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

happyteacher
on 2/24/17 2:06 pm

Thank you- I do normally put them on the abdomen. Tried to tuck them in the panties, but first bathroom use and it is off for sure. I agree about the shower thing. Even worse is not realizing you had it on the shower, and then the darn thing hits the tile floor and you don't notice. That is a pain to get off!

Most Active