Roll call! Just checking on everyone! How ya doing?

kim_in_alabama
on 7/7/11 12:53 pm
Yes he did, I'm going to stick with Tylenol and be  done with it.

Went for 30 in walk this evening.  Felt great until I ate my spinach dip.  ThinkI ate a little to fast no pain just discomfort of fullnes.  Won't do that again.  Oh how I wish I could chug a bottle of semi frzen water.

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
Not2L8
on 7/7/11 9:10 am
purplepeace79
on 7/8/11 12:09 am - Bronx, NY
Sleeved on 6/21 and almost 22 lbs lost. Blood pressure went way down, so that's a great thing. I thought I started at 360.4 but it was actually 364 (I heard the nurse wrong day of surgery) . But for 2wks and 1 day that was a great loss to me, esp since I've been sitting on my butt all day.

Fatigue is my issue. Partly because I dont usually take long vacations from work and was under a lot of stress pre-surgery. I've actually allowed myself to unwind and relax and use this time to really take a break. I don't mind not doing much. The fatigue, however, is a pain.

I will get active next week going back to work. I went out with friends, walked around a lot, next day weighin had dropped almost 3lbs. Exercise is the key.

I'm able to eat mushies but I dont, not really. I start each day with a double scoop protein shake (60g in total with milk). Lunch is 3 oz of soup. I have 2.5 oz of greek yogurt for a snack. Dinner is more soup. Yesterday I had a scrambled egg, which was delish, but sat in my chest for an hour

Right now I'm taking it easy. Keeping it simple.
Renee A.
on 7/8/11 4:14 am - GA
 Woke up this morning really nauseas.  Haven't eaten much and feel better with an empty stomach it seems.  I've decided that I am not going to try any more pureed meat.  YUK!!  It really changes the taste for some reason.   I slow cooked a whole chicken, and it smelled delicious.

There are a few things I am liking though such as cottage cheese, hummus, pureed canned fruit, and sugar free jello pudding.

I would love to hear what some of you are eating during this pureed/mushy stage!
 Renee    
therealleigh
on 7/8/11 9:28 am - Matthews, NC
I am almost 4 weeks out. I am doing well still working on getting to 60 gm of protein. I am getting about 50 sometimes a little over. I do not like protein shakes anymore. I am trying to get all protein with food but is really impossible. I can handle one shake a day. I need to start exercising. It is way too hot here for me to walk outside. Thought I would start doing some exercise videos.
princessfrogee
on 7/10/11 1:09 am - AL
I am also a little tired of protein shakes.  I have done ok w/anything I have tried so far.  I tried some meatballs one night and though I did ok with them, I could tell I either needed to eat slower or wait a little longer to try the hamburger meat.  I have heard that from a lot of vets that hamburger is hard to do early on, but meatballs for some reason they did better with so thought I would try it.  I have tried chicken breast, deli ham, scrambled egg, and so far have done well with it. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 8:04 am - Elkton, MD
I am two weeks out tomorrow and everything with my recovery from VSG has been smooth sailing from day one. I have my 2 wk check up tomorrow, but by my scale I have lost 14lbs. I am on puree and mushies and cannot wait to eat more normal food. Refried beans and yogurt are my go to foods and two 36g protein shakes a day.

Melodie
formerfluffy
on 7/10/11 9:43 am - WA
Hi Future Hotties....
Im 2 weeks post op on Wednesday, and so glad to leave the liquid diet behind, and move on to Puree!  YEAH!  Although, I really dont experience ANY hunger.....its just that you have to eat something....and puree is alot more fun!  I have a food processor, and if it will puree....I put it in there and spin it out! So really, it feels like normal food that has already been chewed ( I know that sounds gross, but the flavor is what Im after!) Im down 15 lbs 12 days post op.  and feeling pretty chipper.  I went to get Bio-Oil from Walmart today to start putting on my stitches.  I heard it helps to heal, and remove any scaring.  Going to give it a try.
Wish you all the best! 
Tina

GOING2LOSEIT2011
on 7/11/11 4:48 am
13 days post op ...Tomorrow I see my Dr . Must say I feel GREAT !!!started walking . a bit slow but every step counts . , Still a bit sore on one side but not enough for meds Eating soft foods purred chicken and cottage cheese  have been like eating STEAK ...love it . Did make the mistake of a spoon(baby) of purred egg salad ....O U C H .....Will not try that again , My stomach told me loud and clear ..other then that all is well
Looking forward to stage 3 diet after tomorrows appt....

Hope every one is doing well ...Were all on this journey together .
Blessings
I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.Phil 4:13
  Hw 386  Sw 322 Cw 226.6
DR.Christine Chu   Fremont , Ca                 
  VSG  6/28

Bigasiangirl
on 7/11/11 6:29 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with

Hey Everyone,
I'm in my sixth post op week.  I'm doing well.  Surgery and post op went perfectly... absolutely no issues.  I was back to work in 2 weeks. 

I'm already off blood pressure meds.  WOOT WOOT! 

I'm losing fairly slowly and have hit a bit of a stall in the last two weeks.  But, I'm being faithful in my caloric deficit program.  I expect the stall to break any day now. 

Glad to read you guys are doing well too! 

Most Active