Recent Posts

ShonF.
on 10/14/10 9:25 am - Peachy State, GA
LaShelle2
on 10/14/10 7:32 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: Question about Lap Band and other surgeries
Good advice Gator!    Just make sure the surgeon does all 4 surgeries, and has a working knowledge of all the wls procedures so he will give you an unbiased educated opinion.

If he does not presently perform all the procedures, he may not be able to give you a good comprehensive evaluation.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

atlantagator76
on 10/14/10 6:58 am
Topic: RE: Question about Lap Band and other surgeries

You should consult with your surgeon before making any decision on a specific surgery. The surgeon will look at your medical history, your diet history, how and what you eat and finally your life style. Each surgery has its pros and cons and that is what you need to ask the surgeon about. Once you get all the information, then make your final decision. Remember any weightloss surgery is just a tool. It is how you use the tool that will determine your success in losing weight and getting helathier. Please do not rely on what other's opinions are about the different surgeries when making your decision, it needs to be based on you.

_Suzy_
on 10/14/10 6:19 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Topic: RE: photos and friends
Hi There!!!  Congrats on your surgery date

As far as your pics...here's a site that I found that I have used  - works well.

www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

I have sent you a friend request.  I am also on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/MsSuzKelly1
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 11:40 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: Revisions in GA
Hey Shon. If you are interested in having a revision to DS, I highly reccomend you have a consult with Dr. Dennis Smith in Marrietta or Dr. Arthur Chasen in Augusta.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

ShonF.
on 10/13/10 3:33 pm - Peachy State, GA
Topic: Revisions in GA
I was wondering if anyone has had a revision in GA.  I had RYN 5 yrs ago and I looking for a surgeon in GA that perform revisions. 

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 1:13 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: Venagence is Mine Says the DS :-)
 Lia from what I saw at dinner the other night you're already a 10!  Those jeans you were wearing  had some extra room in them girl.
sassyjonz
on 10/13/10 12:12 pm - Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: Venagence is Mine Says the DS :-)
You look awesome girl!  Congrats on your DS success!!!!  I hope to make it to a size 10 right along with you.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 12:10 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: RE: I HAVE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED FOR SURGERY
 Good for you. Just want to note I had my DS in Nashville TN with Dr. Hough Houston. He is very welcoming to out of state patients and will allow you to use all your pre-op testing from the previous surgeon.  He does not charge a program fee.

The DS is a good option if you have a lot of weight to lose and want to keep it off forever. The stomach portion  is the same as the sleeve, but DS has the added malabsorption through rerouting the intestines.  So, once your sleeve stretches out and you can eat more, you still have the "switch" to work to keep the weight off.  There is very little chance of weight regain.

I know switching again is the last thing on your mind tonight, but do consider all your options. I switched surgeons myself after insurance had approved me. Best choice I made on this journey!

Until you actually lay down on the OR table, all your options are still available to you :-)

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

LaShelle2
on 10/13/10 12:02 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Topic: Venagence is Mine Says the DS :-)

Some of you may remember my post last year about my embarrassing experience with the exit row on a flight to Miami. Well, to make a long story short, the seat belt did not fit, and the stewardess threatened to make me move if I couldn't snap it.  Seatbelt extenders are not allowed in the exit row because it is a safety hazard.  So after much sucking in and uncomfortable squeezing, I somehow managed to make the trip. Admittedly, the belt never really snapped completely. I held my arm over it to conceal it. I just could not endure the embarrassment of having them announce, "hey can somebody switch seats so this fat chick can get out of the exit row, and we can get this plane of the ground?"

This past weekend I flew from Atlanta to Houston, TX for a long weekend with my sweetie. And yes, your DS Diva sat in the exit row with plenty of room to spare. No extender needed. I crossed my legs, sat sideways. I woulda laid down and spread eagle if that business man were not seated beside me. I figured why take this skinny thing  overboard.  We don't need to flaunt it do we?

I guess we can count that as my wow moment of the week. Honestly I think I have a wow moment ever morning when I wake up and my feet hit the floor and they don't ache from still being swollen the day before.  Or is my daily wow moment using the restroom at work and not having to use the handicapped stall because I can't maneuver around in the normal one.  Or is it wiping myself in the restroom without having to be a contortionist to reach around to my fat ass???  

My life is just filled with wow moments now. And, it's those little ones that truly make all the pain and sacrifices I've endured with the DS so very  worth it. 

p.s.

Lyss, you asked for some inspiration and photos today. This post is for you girl. Keep your head up.  This is worth the wait.

Me and my son. Silliness is apparently heridetary. 

Me Rockin'  My Size 10 Jeans!!!!
        26-28 to 10-12 I never woulda imagined

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Most Active