Recent Posts

4-Jane
on 9/7/12 8:41 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Need Help!
 I am from North Western Ontario Thunder Bay we have a clinic but no surgeon yet we travel to Hamilton and our wait time seems to be just over a year can you get all your pre tests done so that might help? Good luck and I hope truly that you are not left waiting to long
Jane
 Respectfully Jane
jacjoy
on 9/6/12 6:02 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Topic: surgeons for person with high bmi ?
Hi,

I am new to OH and I do not meet the criteria for bariatric surgery in Manitoba ( bmi of less than 47 ).  My BMI is too high.  Does anyone know of any surgeons who will work with people with a BMI of 60 ?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jacqueline
momof2girlz
on 6/27/12 2:44 am - orangeville, Canada
Topic: RE: Looking for kidney donor
My husband had a local girl donate to him 2 year ago this past April. An article was posted in the local newspaper, and she came forward...and after all testing, turned out she was a perfe ct match! I wish you all the best :)
Referral: Oct 19 2011      Info TWH : Dec 2 2011       BP Class: Feb
Nurse: July 30 2012     Diet/Nut: July 30 2012  Social Worker: July 30 2012
Surgeon:
March 15 2012 NOW April 02, 2012 Internist: July 23 2012 Surgery Date: ????????

I cancelled a couple of my appointments with surgeon, social worker, nurse ect, but now have them rebooked, and I have a different surgeon! Instead of Dr Sullivan, I have Dr.Sohi!

Monica M.
on 6/8/12 3:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Topic: RE: Looking for kidney donor
i know this is way out of time.

There is what's called a "paired donor exchange". My sister has described it as a "throw momma from the train" scenario.

You give a kidney to someone's person, someone else gives a kidney to your person. So you could put yourself in the running for a kidney donation to your friend, if you let them know you want to do this paired donor exchange.

truckingbride
on 2/5/12 2:29 pm - Harriston , Canada
Topic: RE: Need Help!
I am in Ontario and going through the steps, I can give you my time line at my clinic. I was referred in August of 2010. I had my orientation in July 2011. I had my 1st visit with the nurse and dietition in October 2011, I had my 2nd visit in Feb 3rd 2012. Now I am waiting about 2 months for a surgery teaching class and surgery will be about a month after this,.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 3:42 pm
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 3:32 pm
justin2smart12q
on 7/29/11 6:50 am - MA
Topic: RE: Test
test123

justin2smart
on 7/29/11 6:45 am - ME
Topic: Test
 Test

Silk911
on 11/2/10 9:01 am
Topic: RE: Artic Char --- anyone have a good recipe?
Hi there,

One of my absolute favorite proteins is fish.. any kind of fish... as long as it swam in water.... it's all good...

This is a website for a Calgary Restaurant. Their recipes are completely amazing!!!!!

Let me know what you think...

http://www.trulywild.ca/recipes/

Melody

Most Active
Recent Topics