So Excited! But Nervous...

Monica M.
on 12/10/11 4:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
sending loads and loads of positive energy your way, Dawn. I know he'll pull through fine, and you're going to be such an awesome support for him!!!!

AllaP
on 12/10/11 4:51 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Congrats Dawn,

I hope your hubby will be as happy with his decision as you are.

Alla.

birdiegirl
on 12/10/11 5:15 am

Thinking of both of you Dawn - wishing you all the best

Barb

northernlight
on 12/10/11 9:24 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Dawn - what a lovely testament to the partnership that you both share - I can already see the two of you power-walking all over town and gearing up for a 5K when the weather warms up. 

I can understand your mixed emotions as John's surgery day approaches.  I can definitely hear your excitement as you anticipate all the doors that will be unlocked finally for him, activity-wise, and the joy that he'll be able to join you in doing things together and enjoying a healthier lifestyle. On the other hand, I too would be worried if one of my loved ones was having surgery - it's only natural to be fearful in that situation. Just remember what good hands he will be in - the medical staff in Guelph are all outstanding - he'll do great!!!

Dawn, you can be sure that I will definitely say prayers for a successful, textbook-perfect surgery and a speedy recovery for John.  If I had  been able to attend our December get-together, I would have wished him well myself. Since I couldn't be there due to health problems, please tell John that I'll be sending positive thoughts his way when you guys head back to Guelph for his surgery.  What a terrific Christmas gift for both of you!!! Keep us posted!

Deb

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/10/11 10:11 am - Windsor, Canada
I'm missing ya Deb!!!

Thanks so much!!! we walked today and I think I already wore him out! Lol!!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

merly6800
on 12/10/11 9:36 am - Canada
Best wishes to your hubby Dawn!  I'll be saying prayers for you both!

Marilynn
Penny85
on 12/10/11 9:41 am - Guelph, Canada
Congratulations and good luck with everything that's to come.  Looking forward to meeting you and your husband this week while we're both in there!

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

tata2
on 12/10/11 11:05 am - Canada
Dawn, positive thoughts and prayers for John next week. I hope you find the peace that you are looking for it is always hard to breathe at times like this.
We will be away next week but if you need anything after that just holler and I will be there as you have always been for me!

stewartjackie
on 12/10/11 1:29 pm - Pickering, Canada
That is wonderful news, congrats to you both. I had Dr. Reed and you are right, your hubby will be in amazing hands, and think of it this way, the risk of not having the surgery is worse than him having it.....
take good care.
jackie

sam1am
on 12/11/11 2:32 am
Wonderful news!  Wishing you both all the best!  So much to look forward to! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics