I Love This Board But....

Kathleen W.
on 12/30/13 7:54 am - Lancaster, PA

Good post.  Regain is a reality for many people. For what ever reason, it happens.  On the positive side,  people realize what's going on and preceede to correct an issue before it gets completely out of hand. That's success in my book.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Susan M.
on 12/30/13 8:09 am

I love this post.  Thank you for saying it :)

cutekatie
on 12/30/13 8:14 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Thank you for the post.

I totally agree and feel like this board is so caught up with posts about how people are trying to quicken the process (lets call every hour to get a cancelation, lets go to two different doctors to get referrals to see which one refers me faster, lets switch hospitals etc) there isn't enough discussion about nutrition, and exercise, and just the daily struggle.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Northernlightsmom
on 12/30/13 8:18 am, edited 12/30/13 8:19 am - Canada

Thanks Dawn....

I am waiting for surgery and despite how far I have come.......I never forget where I came from.   All of my food issues and baggage is still always just around the corner and if we forget how easy it was to get to where we were.....we will get there again.  It is so important to hear of the struggles that come down the road as we will all face them. We need to hear the stories, the ups and downs, the struggles .....both good and bad.

We are all on the same journey and not one of us got here by "staying on track". 

For those of you on this journey.....well on your way......share with us if you will all of what we have ahead of us. All of the NSVs and the the bumps in the road. 

So Thank you in advance  :)

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

piccola
on 12/30/13 8:22 am
RNY on 06/06/13

Great post Dawn !!!! Thanks for all the advice you give it is quite helpful. 

highlandbear
on 12/30/13 8:29 am - Canada

Great post Dawn and it is so much harder to lose the weight the further out you are. That is what I have found. I gained back 20 pounds since my surgery and I have tried for a year to lose 5 pounds and no way will it come off. I am glad you said that this surgery is a tool. I have a feeling lately that people think that this a magic cure and they don't have to worry about what they eat or anything that they can not gain back the weight. I hate seeing people say 100 pounds gone for ever. I think don't say that you never know. I have come to the conclusion for me that I am going to have to track and weigh my food for the rest of my life and fight some demons. i truly hope that I will never put the weight back on and as you know I work hard at my running and training but I do worry about when that day comes and I can not run what will happen and will I gain. I will continue to try and lose these dam 5 pounds and if you have any idea please let me know. I am open to any suggestions.

Moselle
on 12/30/13 8:47 am - Athens, Canada

Hallelujah sister!  

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

gonna_B_thinner
on 12/30/13 8:51 am

Dawn I just wanted to thank you for posting..  I am still pre op but it will likely be this spring or summer for my surgery, I have been cleared by everyone and had all my tests I am just waiting for the next step.....post op diet class.   I am grateful to those who are long time out for the post you and others make.  We need to hear about everything good and bad from those who have gone before us.  I myself have taken some pointers from these posts and hope to learn from your wisdom so it will help us in our journey's.    Thanks again and keep posting what your going through and giving any advice to those of us who are still waiting for surgery or are just newly on the bench. 

Zizzler
on 12/30/13 8:51 am

Great post - I personally really appreciate the posts from people who are further out.  I have no tips to offer so I usually do not reply, but I read them all and am very thankful...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Leanne1
on 12/30/13 8:58 am - Newmarket, Canada

Very true!! 

I am at a comfortable weight now. But almost 2yrs ago, I was 115lbs. I looked tired, withdrawn and really sickly, it was not so nice. I was SUPER stressed out and had lots going on that wasn't good. Had a break up, met someone else, moved, broke up with the new guy, talked and worked things out with my now hubby. Bought a house, moved again, got married, renos in 2houses, worked my butt off. I am sure that there is alot more but that's the jist of things for the last 2yrs. 

I now hover around 135lbs and with the Christmas season, I actually let myself indulge in regular foods and treats. Yep! I gained a few lbs; do I regret it? nope! I will lose the lbs and continue on, have my PS (in 2weeks) and live my life to THE FULLEST!! Even tho I have been 115 and now I am 135ish, I still consider that pretty well the maintaining phase. 

I have learned that this journey is about doing things in moderation!! I want to be happy, that is all and I think I'm doing a pretty great job at it

Thx for the post Dawn!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics