Question for Vet's (anyone more than 4weeks out

QoftheU
on 11/5/14 1:33 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Absolutely - that's what I was going to say.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

NYMom222
on 11/5/14 11:39 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Shrimp is dense, not really soft. I think they usually want you to have flaky type fishes like Tilapia or something on soft food. 3oz maybe too much also, esp. with sweet potato. Yes, sometimes you are full for a really long time... and sometimes you are not...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

SkinnyScientist
on 11/5/14 10:48 pm

What kind of soup was it?

I can eat shrimp ****tail no problem, but lobster bisque (at 4 weeks out) put me through a version of bathroom hell that I had never seen before (and never want to see again).

The bisques are starchy and fatty.  Stay the hell away from those for awhile, I recommend. I never went back to lobster bisque after my first post op experience with it. And it is a shame as it WAS my favorite.

-L

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/6/14 12:51 am, edited 11/6/14 12:52 am - OH

Was the soup something you made yourself or did it come from a can or a restaurant? Unless you made it yourself, be aware that cream-type soups (especially from restaurants) may actually have cream in them and the cream might be what's bothering your stomach.

It may also be, however, that it was just something that didn't agree with you. Early postop, it's very common for people have trouble with foods that they would expect would be just fine and to not have trouble with foods that they might think are kind of "iffy".

I'm not advocating forcing yourself to eat if you don't feel well, but please do be aware that being dehydrated OR having a drop in blood sugar from not eating can make you nauseous.  When I was early out, if I felt just a little bit nauseous, I would eat just a very very small amount at first to see if that was going to make me feel better or worse. Most of the time, in my experience, that very small amount of food made me feel better and then I was able to eat more. (I didn't actually throw up anything until I was 18 months out and quickly ate some fried chicken.)

Oh, and just FYI, "vets" are generally people who are a number of years out from surgery not just a few weeks or months out.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics