The NIGH****CHMAN 5/4

Jill P
on 5/4/09 12:31 pm - Katy, TX
Well Hi-Dee-Ho Everyone!!!
Glad to see a few more people on the NW!  Such the "meetin' place" for us night owls!!!  I'm SO glad Brad has found a job!  What a relief.  Now gotta get the few here on the board employed as well.  It will come...

Man was it hot today!!!  Sarah had to play tennis at 4:30 and holy cow, when she was done, she was one wet, sweaty mess!!!  I took her out of the car and RIGHT into the shower!  Ewww!!!  Looks like it's going to be like that most of the week.  We go from half way decent weather for one week to bam....summer!  ugh...

Better run...Sarah has snuck out of her room and thinks she can pull a fast one by playing on the upstairs computer.  Looks like I'll need to log it off as she has NO idea what the password is!  HA!

Check with ya' all later!
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

George T.
on 5/4/09 1:02 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Just one more joy of motherhood.  But Mom will always be one step ahead.

And Brad is so relieved.  But I must admit, this brief stint of unemployment brought him to his knees.  But I never saw fear in his eyes, I saw faith.  It was so wonderful.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Jill P
on 5/4/09 1:22 pm - Katy, TX
Well, uhm, you can ask annnny one of my kiddos how many steps ahead of them that I am on ANY given day, even when I'm sick, and their likely answer will be..."too many to count"! 
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

Misty750342002
on 5/4/09 1:10 pm - Frisco, TX
George,

I am so happy for your son.  That is awesome.  What type of work does he do?  Please stay awake,  I don't know how you go on such little sleep.  Yall made me want lasagna so that is what we had for dinner. 

Hang in there and stay awake!!!!

Karen
George T.
on 5/4/09 1:18 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

Thank you.  Brad was a Dock Supervisor in the freight trucking business.  He honestly took a job he is overqualified job, but the boss knows it.  When he took him in he started asking him about things that will be required on the job.  Everything he mentioned Brad could already do.  The boss said it looks like the only thing for you to do is learn our computers.  Instead of handling the actual freight, he will be on the logistics side.  Tracking freight and drivers mostly.  But he hopes to impress and move up.  Just that he does not want to get back into management right now.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Cruise Director Julie
on 5/4/09 1:16 pm - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
George;

Please pass my congrats on to Brad. That's wonderful news.

Not much happening here. Since Friday was my official last day of employment, I filed for unemployment today. I prepped for my interview tomorrow which then got postponed until Thursday. And I worked out and grocery shopped. Big exciting day...

Prayers for all who need them.

Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
George T.
on 5/4/09 1:28 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Thank you.  There is joy in the Trost household tonight.  And relief. 

Best of luck on your interview Thursday.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Avis N.
on 5/4/09 2:23 pm - McKinney, TX
Evening all!

George, praise God on Brad landing a job!  That is awesome news!  I definitely know what he means on not wanting to be in management for awhile.

Not much new here.  I registered with a temp agency on Friday, need to find a few more to get signed up with.  Did get the lawn mowed this evening.  Have had over 6 inches of rain this last week, figured I'd better get it knocked down before the next wave of rain hit, and while it was a little cooler.  My WooHoo for the day is I mowed the front and back, weed eated, and swept up the remains without taking a break!!  and got it all done in about an hour and a half!!  I couldn't do that 91 lbs ago!!

Prayers for all of the spoken and unspoken requests.  Special healing prayers for Debra, Lynette's mom, Annette's mom,  Nina, and Mark.  Special prayers for those that I have missed, who are having surgery, or have had surgery, and for those that are hurting tonight for what ever reason. 

Blessings to all,
Avis
George T.
on 5/4/09 2:27 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Congrats on the lawn.  That's what I have a wife for.  LOL. 

Seriously, she does the mowing.  It is really bad right now.  Lost my greyhound in it this weekend.  Too much mud still to mow.  I may actually have to mow this weekend, as it may be too high for Mary.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Phyllis M.
on 5/4/09 2:38 pm - Irving, TX
11:30pm
God is Amazing - isnt he............we don't like his timing and don't understand his timing - but he always comes through "just in time" !! 

Hey -  Well - I haven't been on too much today...just chilling................was off from day job.............but worked at 3rd job for extra $$/hours............then to 2nd job as usual.............
I just got home.......................heading to bed because 630 comes really quickly................so can't stay on tonight - but wanted to drop by and say hello !! 

Not much to say....................I just work to get through the long weekdays to get to the short weekends..................to see James...................  Speaking of which - his dr released him last week to  work...................so now -  he is looking for employment too.....................pray for him.
Thanks !!

Night night you all (((((((((((((Huggsss to you and Mary and everyone else out there)))) 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 438 views