do you ever get to drink water again like a normal person

TonyEldridge
on 1/29/12 11:56 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 I'm glad I read yours and Happy's response. I had trouble with liquid for the first 2 days, and then it was easy to get down. I was beginning to think that I was drinking too much, too fast. It seems after 4 or 5 swallows, I can sense that my sleeve is full and I let it drain for a couple of minutes before taking 4 or 5 more swallows. I'm still not hungry and I still eat round 800 calories, so I guess the sleeve is still working for me. 

UnRuli
on 1/29/12 12:04 pm - Plainwell, MI
 I was worried that I'd be stuck sipping forever.  My surgeon tends to make some pretty tight sleeves so it took an awful long time for me to drink "normally".   I can't guzzle water at all but I can swallow multiple small sips in a chain now and that feels pretty normal for me now.  However, it took a little over a year for me to get to that point.
doggz109
on 1/29/12 12:05 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Yep of course you do.  I am 2 1/2 weeks out and I can drink a 20oz bottle of water in about 20 mins.  I can usually take 2-3 good large sips at once and it doesn't bother me.  I can't gulp or chug....but it doesn't feel like a hinderance at all.

The first few days.....I had to do the whole shotglass ever 10 mins to get fluids in but it got much better faster.   Now the only time I notice any issue with liquids is if I drink something really cold.....especially first thing in the morning.

You are a lot farther out than me so I dunno what is going on in your case.  Sorry. :(
tripmom02
on 1/29/12 12:09 pm - NJ
 Almost six months out, and on an empty stomach I can drink pretty good, I don't usually do more then two ounces at a time, but I probably could if I wanted to.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

C. Harvey
on 1/29/12 12:42 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
Actually I am about 3 weeks out and I am drinking normally now...it doesn't hurt or anything. I'm drinking like I did before.

hwag5149
on 1/29/12 12:55 pm
Glad you posted this. 7 weeks out and I drink pretty much how I drank pre-surgery. I was kind of shocked. Every once in a while I get a little bit of air and there is some discomfort for a few seconds and then it goes away.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Zee Starrlite
on 1/30/12 5:12 am

I drink totally "normal" but have never had an issue with getting liquids in from the very beginning.

You'll keep getting better and better for now, just keep sipping and sipping!

Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 71 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views