7 1/2 months out, not diabetic anymore!

grisaille
on 4/1/12 12:27 am - NC
Fabulous news . . . I was able to get off my insulin and my metformin also and it was life changing (made my mind be in a different place) - Of course, I've had diabetes longer than you've been alive - so congrats on getting on this early in your life

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
janine A.
on 4/1/12 12:57 am
 that is awesome news i started to take metformin right before i had my surgery i was off of it right after the surgery and my numbers are great now so i know that feeling congrats. and im glad to hear how good u are doing
ravenssummer
on 4/1/12 3:01 am - West Warwick, RI
I wish I was able to do this when I was younger before I went all the way up to 349. I have to say you will feel so much better about yourself more so every day. Good luck on the the continued weightloss.
HW 348 SW 329 CW 196  

Ashley O.
on 4/1/12 4:10 am
Thanks everyone, so much. (: it is really great.. I'm really glad things have gone as well as they have.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

hwag5149
on 4/1/12 5:01 am
If you're on metformin for insulin resistence and aldactone for hormones by an endocronologist then you likely have PCOS. People are born with PCOS and insulin resistence is something that almost everyone has with it...

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Ashley O.
on 4/1/12 5:51 am
I do have pcos. along with those two i'm also on a birth controll aswell. i was diagnosed a year and a half ago. But i was diagnosed with insulin resistance when i was 7 years old.. and had been showing symptoms since i was 3 years old. not entirely sure what came first... it's kind of the "what came first? chicken or the egg?" thing.

but i hadn't heard someone could be born with pcos before. though it makes sense.

~

~

hwag5149
on 4/1/12 6:34 am
Well as far as I know it's a genetic thing but it doesn't come about until puberty.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

kimbethin
on 4/1/12 7:10 am - CA
Ashley I"m so glad to hear how well you are doing!  So great about the free plastic surgery- tke advantage of that.  keep up the hard work.  Every time you give us an update you really impress me.  Hang in there and keep enjoying your new life.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Ashley O.
on 4/1/12 8:30 am
I definatley will. That's seriously a huge part in the motivation towards exersize right now.. (not one of my stronger points... i hate exersize.. doesn't everyone?) but as long as i'm under 18, at 18mo post op, and staying at/around my goal weight.. i get it free. I can guarantee you my face when the doctors told me that was absolutely priceless.

thanks so much. I will. (;

~

~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op