Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anemia POST OP

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/12 11:13 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
So, he put you on B12 shots and gave  you  iron, but did he tell you to up your folic acid girlie?

I would like to look at your lab numbers, if you would share.  I am getting learned up a lot about anemia n setch lately :} 

what kind of iron  and did he tell you about the "iron rules" for optimum absorption?

Like to take it 2 hours (on either side) away from: 

Things with tannins (coffee, tea, wine, chocolate), beans, grains, whole eggs, dairy, calcium supplements (somehow my head thinks there is one more thing) ?

Was it your H&H that was low?  Or your ferritin?  or something in your iron saturation panel? 

People biohacking their iron problems would like to know,  if you would be willing to share!  :}
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/12 7:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
which are better, shots or sublingual or pills?

would it be wise to get a 'top up' shop before surgery for good measure?
rainyone
on 5/16/12 11:08 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

That is really a lot of injections!

B12 deficiency is also known as Pernicious Anemia.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

LngRedRose
on 5/17/12 12:52 am

And more information!  And for those that asked... NO, my surgeon never told me to take B12.  EVER! :(

Vitamin B-12, or Cobalamin, is the largest and most complex vitamin currently known to man. A slight deficiency of vitamin B-12 can lead to anemia, fatigue, mania, and depression, while a long term deficiency can potentially cause permanent damage to the brain and central nervous system.

That is downright scary!!! :((((  I am 4 years post op... and have NEVER taken B12.  My internist told me two days ago when I was there that it is dangerously low.  He also prescribed iron pills.  No wonder I have no energy and I feel half dead most of the time. 

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views