I just need to put this out there...(long rant.. feel free to ignore.)

julesGA
on 5/15/12 11:41 pm - Brunswick, GA
 I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said by the wise posters above.   You are an incredibly mature and bright girl who made a decision to have a healthy happy life.  Ignore the haters and keep on keeping on!  :)

jubjub
on 5/15/12 11:45 pm - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12
 You're learning, at an early age, some valuable lessons about human behavior.  My favorite quote, from P.J. O'rourke:  "Ignorance is a renewable resource."  And on the internet, it seems, so is nastiness.

Ignore the haters, or as one other poster here put it, respond unemotionally.  They'll move on to hating other things - it is their nature- while you will remain in place to say what is going on for you.
chitownhoyos
on 5/16/12 1:03 am - IL
I think it is great that you took steps to better you life early on. Life is just starting for you. I know that most of us would have loved to be able to start our adult lives smaller and healthy. Everyone has something to say about things they dont understand. I use to love when people would say it is easy to lose weight just stop eating. Well if it was that easy dont you think I would be thin by now!! Being a teenager that is overweight is hard kids are nice. I wish you the best in everything you do and dont let the haters get to you. They are jsut jealous at how good you feel and look.

Ashley O.
on 5/16/12 3:34 am
Thanks, everyone. I usually respond with a science/research related type answer. I probably tend to come off as a smartass, but oh well.

I just needed to get it out. No one I know in person really understands. So I just have to keep it in. It's not worth taking about.

I'm going to have to deal with stupid people everywhere. I already do. It just sucks that stupid people everywhere all decide to attack this one thing. Sometimes it makes me question my decision to have surgery but then I realize I'm healthier than I've ever been. Ever. And that wouldn't have been accomplished without this tool.

Thanks again. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

bigtigger1010
on 5/16/12 11:41 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
I LOVE your posts!!! You r an amazingly bright young lady & anyone who hates on u for giving urself a chance at a long healthy life is not worthy of ur time or thought!!!

Hold ur head up high knowing u made the best choice for u!!! And to all those who think otherwise... F them!!!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views