Greek yogurt recipes?

jennygalthin n
on 5/25/12 1:31 pm

are you pre-op or post-op? i tried Greek yogurt before my procedure and couldnt stomach any brands... but after my procedure I love them all... ??? crazy huh?

Mom78
on 5/25/12 2:07 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
I through it in with my protein drink in the blender with ice, decaf instant coffee, and blend away!

Tastes great...
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

MonaLyssa33
on 5/25/12 3:31 pm - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17
I'm pre-op and like a cup of it with some sugar free preserves.  Some people add splenda or other sweetener to it, but i think it tastes fine without.
mmplumme
on 5/25/12 3:37 pm - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Thanks so much for all these AWESOME ideas!!!! I would never have thought about Ranch dip with it or adding jello. Dumb question, is the jello/crystal light powder form? or do you make jello and mix it? I love mio so might try this first, but these all sound yummy!!! I am having the sleeve on June 11th and am trying to expose myself to things higher in protein for breakfast. I like eggs, but can only eat them for so long, lol. Thanks for all these ideas!!!! I think I will try some of them tomorrow!!!!

Blind_Justice1
on 5/25/12 10:32 pm - KY
I love the post about trying Mio in my greek yogurt.  I was drinking a ton of that stuff pre-op because I didn't like water plain, but now I love plain water.  The only other drink I drink is Vitamin Water Zero mostly in orange flavor.  I have some black cherry Mio I have had for months.  I'm gonna try to mix it with the yogurt for lunch today.  Thanks for the tip!!

BTW, gotta brag...I've lost 3 lbs this week!!  WooHoo!!

USAF Wife
on 5/25/12 10:46 pm
Sugar free Jelly/preserves
Sugar free jello or pudding powder
Sugar free syrups or crystal light packets
You can actually use it for any sour cream substitute, I made all of my chicken, tuna, egg salads with Greek yogurt and sprinkles of dry ranch or italian dressing instead of mayo.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views