What are your favorite no carb/lo carb snacks?

thinnersinner
on 12/29/12 6:47 am

I'm on liquids for pre-op right now, but I lost 30 lbs. prior to this by snacking on high protein, easy to-go snacks like string cheese, turkey jerky, almonds, cottage cheese, deli meats, mini baby bell cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.  My absolute fav string cheese was the basil and tomato by Kraft.  I'm not sure how all these will do post-op, but hope this gives you some ideas.

Pobearsam7
on 12/29/12 7:05 am

Pork rinds and I eat low carb blueberry muffins 2cabs and 40 calories they are awesome... No sugar thin slim makes them... And. My weight has not been affected at all

Kelly                

jacreasy
on 7/30/13 10:02 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

dID YOU MAKE THE MUFFINS? iF NOT WHERE DID YOU GET THEM AND WHAT NAME BRAND ARE THEY?? Sorry for the caps opps!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Pobearsam7
on 12/29/12 7:08 am

Julian bread.. No carb 59 calorie... If u use walden jelly which is no carb and calorie u would be in good shape

Kelly                

bigred_z
on 12/29/12 8:22 am - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Thanks everyone!!  Some really good ideas...glad I just ate dinner!!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Kelly-AnneH
on 12/30/12 2:20 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Light baby bel cheese rounds and ziplock bags of Hi Lo cereal. I quite like the cereal dry, so a measured serving makes me a tasty, crunchy evening snack - nice when the family is munching something I really can't afford to eat.

I also like the 35 calorie single serve yogurts that come in yummy dessert-type flavours. Single servings of sf jello are also good, and although they only contain 10 calories Fred thinks they're food, so they're pretty nice for a snack when you don't have many calories left for the day.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Pobearsam7
on 7/30/13 10:38 pm
I get the muffins from a health food store not sure where u live but I get them in nj
They are made by thin slims they have a website they just went up on their muffins I would pay $6.99 4 in a pack they were small now they sell each muffin individually $2.50 I think and they are the same size!!! So if i buy 4 im paying $10 That is $3.00 more than what I normally pay but they are good I Won't be buying them that often now

Kelly                

gloria P.
on 7/31/13 9:39 pm - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
I'm also nurse and I know the no time for lunch thing. I have pack the same stuff in my lunch box every day since I started solids. I don't eat all this but I enjoy having choices

1.Greek yogurt with fruit premixed
2.Beef jerky
3.Sargento's light Colby cheese sticks
4.Strawberry cheese cake Quest Bars
5.Tuna w/ mayo and crackers (triskets spelling? Those whole grain crackers)
6.I stop by Wendy's on my way to work and get their chili or I love their 1/2 salad apple chicken pecan (no blue cheese). If you save the receipt and call in the survey you can get the full salad at the 1/2 salad price and take an extra container and save half the salad for the next day and get 2 meals for the price of one every time. Love this about Wendy's. I tall my co-workers that I'm Wendy's "Jared" the drive through ladies know my voice and that I like a knife so I can cut the chicken shredded and that I always leave off the blue cheese. They never mess up my order. Lol NSV
7.natures best isopure no carb ready to drink peach mango w/ one peach mango crystal light shaken not stirred and poured over ice 160 calories and 40gm protein
8. Sometimes I take extra fruit to add to my yogurt or my salad

You will have too much to eat and a variety will keep you away from the roach coach and vending machine. Best wishes.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views