This isn't forever, and you're wrong.

diane S.
on 1/7/13 2:23 am

You are so right Ruggie. Maintenance is the rest of our lives. But if you find it hard to think in terms of "I will never have a piece of pie ever again in my life"  its better to think "I won't have any pie today; maybe a small amount some other time of some extra good pie"  is a better way to think. Makes it bearable.  I also remind myself of how many pounds of m and m's I have chowed down in my life and that perhaps thats enough.

Our tool is a powerful one but we have to match it will a little effort and self dicipline. And really thats what so called normal people do. They watch it and eat mindfully.   Thats what we have to learn to do and its very possible.

And we are all happy you are posting again. So much fun. 

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

tripmom02
on 1/7/13 2:36 am - NJ

"I won't have any pie today; maybe a small amount some other time of some extra good pie"

AMEN! I have gotten to a point where when I indulge it had better rock my world, I am no longer a slave to crappy pie eating it just because it has fat and sugar in it, if it doesn't rock my socks after the first bite then I don't even bother with a second one! Who knew you could turn down cake or pie cause it was not "good enough", but if I am going to run an extra mile to burn it off it had better be worth it LOL

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 450 views