8 month surgeversary..EPIC FAIL!!!

frania
on 1/2/14 8:57 am - NY

Gray C...how long did it take you to lose all this weight...i started at 225 also...and in 3 months lost 36 pounds...but lots of inches...i have been on a stall for 3 long weeks....i had my surgery sept 23rd...it seeem like most if not all you folks on the boards are loosing the weight faster....i guess i am in the pits...but doing what i was told....i just get worried looking at everyones post....thanks for any advice you can give...i am looking to the same goal weight as you.....

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/14 11:04 pm

I do think posting this does help you and others.Sometimes we beat ourselves up so much when go off the wagon that is makes it hard to get back on.Well it is January and it is a new month/new day.I say next year have someone over to bake with you.And deliver the cookies that day so they aren't in the house.I have some major weakness for sweets sometimes.Cookie carbs not our friend.But you already knew that.You may help some people who found themselves in the same situation.I think writing this does help.So you can let it go and move on.Next year keep some sugar-free pudding in the house that may help the sweet tooth.Happy New Year.Happy New Day

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:43 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

COOKIE are the DEVIL!!!!! LOL!

id have to say I'm not beating myself up which is a switch for me...normally before VSG this would lead to an epic binge b/c why bother I messed up..I'm oddly accepting of my slip up and moving on...maybe the surgery matured me in some way..or. More likely gave me a clarity that I've been missing..

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/14 12:04 am

I totally feel like I have grown up since the surgery.Even though I am 46.It feels good doesn't it.

Chrissy W.
on 1/1/14 11:05 pm - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

I posted something eerily similar about 2 weeks ago. It happens. We just have to carb detox and move on. Dumping sure is a great slap on the wrist (more like "punch in the face") sometimes isn't it??

Best if luck. I can't wait to read your "GOAL!!!" post very soon :)

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:46 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thank you...

I didn't even have the "luxury" of dumping at home!

i was at my S.i.L w/ a house full of people..

thank GOD it was noisy in there....

otherwise I would have died of embarrassment!!!

Sandy M.
on 1/1/14 11:42 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good for you for getting back on the bandwagon.  I too knew that this time of year was bad for me in a different way - I get sluggish and stop moving.  Sure enough, most of November and December was without exercise, and the longer I went, the worse I felt.  And the carb cravings came in, with cookies and desserts I baked for others but still ate part of!  

Yesterday I only managed a mile on the treadmill, but it helped - it lifted my mood, gave me more energy, and helped me make better choices.  I have a 5K end of this month, end of March, and first week of May, so no more excuses!

Thank you for sharing your struggles - it's good for everyone to know that WLS is not the "easy way out".  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

I also want to just jump inbed and pull the covers over my head or curl up w/a blanket in front of the TV in the winter months..

it's a struggle to go work out, but I force myself and always w/o fail walk out of there w/a great big smile on my face..

and even knowing that I look for excuses every time!

happyteacher
on 1/1/14 11:50 pm

It is really great how much reflecting you have done on this, and that you have crawled back on to that proverbial wagon.  Next year, skip making all of those cookies.  I am right there with you- if they are in my house, they are in my mouth, period.  I have a strong sugar addiction that I can only manage if I consistently keep that kind of stuff out of the house.  My hubby (who is really struggling with fending off regain right now) wanted to make the huge amount of cookies.  I was kind of ticked, but realized that he likely would not follow through- it is his way of trying to get me to do it.  My daughter made some, but only 2 batches that were eaten quickly enough. But, had they been in the house for the duration you had going there, I would have also gained 10 pounds.  So, skip those cookies next year and try to switch to something like making mixes that are in canning jars for gifts, or something else to substitute.  Here, we make a ton of jam in the summer and make sure we have enough for small gifts come Christmas time.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

grayC
on 1/2/14 2:33 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I will defiantly cut back next year although I told my hubby I was cutting back this year and did ( kind of)

i have a wicked sugar tooth, it's the gorilla on my back, and I have to reevaluate my actions for next year.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views