SIGH,,SNIFFLE..SNIFFLE...SOB!!!!

grayC
on 3/10/14 12:52 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thank you southJerzjoy..

I needed that!!!

stratusphr
on 3/10/14 12:53 pm - Plano, TX
Upping calories prior to surgery did nothing for me for 30 years other than up my weight. There is NO reason to think that is going to change post op. I've never bought that and I've NEVER heard a doctor, a M.D. say this. I have heard from a PhD that does the psyc evals for an area doctor say, "Unless you're a prisoner of war, your body is NOT going to go into starvation mode." Like someone else said, there is NO scientific data to support that!! With that said.....when I am up two or three pounds, I DECREASE my calories by 100 (I log everything) and within two or three days, it's gone. When I was losing, I averaged 450 - 675 calories, never going over 800. I've been maintaining for 3 years and 3 months, I need 1300. There's a fine line between maintaining, gaining and losing, at least for me there is.

"Seas The Day"      

Dr. James Davidson - Dallas, TX

Surgery date: June 11, 2010

Goal reached: December 2010

Weight loss: 84 lbs

grayC
on 3/10/14 1:02 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

That's really very restrictive the calorie you maintained during your weight loss..

don't know if I can go that low..but it's worth a try..

thanks that gives me something to think about!

Vanessa_M
on 3/10/14 1:08 pm

I have no advice for you, but I wanted to tell you that you look FABULOUS!  Damn those 10 pounds (although I totally understand chasing that magic number on a scale)..  You rocked your sleeve. Size 4 jeans!! WOOT WOOT!!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

grayC
on 3/10/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thank you Vanessa...there are days I look at myself and think "DONE!" 

But it's true I have to chase that magical number I gave myself..just to accompli****

I very well may not want to stay there but I have to get there!!

i also would like to weigh less than my dog.. NO JOKE she a 140 lb Newfoundland believe it or not when I broke into the 140's that was a little joke I said to the hubby that became a side goal !! LOL!!

frisco
on 3/10/14 1:50 pm

I think your doing great !!!!

The responses you got here are all over the place and frankly...... some not so good.

Try a week of cutting back total cals..... closer to 600 (I had to do this to lose the last weight)

Fluids up

Protein up

Carbs lower

Most important ..... be active..... at least walk an hour a day.

Losing the last weight for most is a freaking war...... gotta go old school down and dirty !!!

Keep up the great work !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

grayC
on 3/10/14 11:43 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thank you Frisco I was hoping that you'd weigh in on my struggle ( pun intended LOL)

I find you a thoughtful and straight forward thinker and I value your advice...

I will do what you suggested ..this really is a war and the irony is not lost on me that I am now one of " those women" who whine and complain about having to lose 10 lbs, I used to be so envious of those women who could not see just how great they looked, I used to wish..Oh if ONLY I had to lose JUST 10 lbs...be careful what you wish for!!

p

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views