Rude comments from sales lady

bigredlt
on 3/16/14 2:31 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

I was already asked the question, "what are you going to do with all that extra skin?".  My response was "im going to get the Dr to cut it off and give it back to me so I can slap the **** out of you with it for asking me such a personal question" he said, "im sorry, that was rather rude of me "  but, that's me, and people who know me expect those kind of responses to stupid questions.

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

skeller
on 3/16/14 10:37 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

LOL! You go, girl!

mickeymantle
on 3/16/14 2:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I go to a foundation shop for my bras not only do they fit me better , but there used to people that have different medical problems and have had different surgeries and are very discreet, they also sell compression garments to help hold the skin in place , but they would not tell you you need one unless you ask about it 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

happyteacher
on 3/16/14 9:02 am

That was terribly, terribly rude.  I carried my weight in the belly.  I lost 150+- my arms are very good, I have a turkey waddle neck, some sag on the thighs, but it was tolerable.  I did have a lot of loose skin in the stomach, and pursued a tummy tuck.  Now, pefectly flat tummy :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

MAchick
on 3/16/14 9:48 am
VSG on 01/27/14
People need to stop and think before they speak. I was speaking to a new nurse that was relieving me at work, and I mentioned I had been out for close to a month. She immediately asks, "Oh were you on maternity leave? " I just looked at her like she had twelve heads.

poet_kelly
on 3/16/14 9:57 am - OH

I think her comment was inappropriate, but I also think it might help you to practice being more assertive.  You didn't want to be fitted for a bra in the first place but say she insisted.  Are you saying she refused to sell you a bra unless you undressed in front of her and allowed her to fit you?  If she did, I would complain to the corporate office.  But what I'm thinking you mean is that she was pushy and you gave in.  I don't think that the fact that you agreed to be fitted gives her the right to make a rude comment.  I just think it might benefit you to learn to stand up for yourself more.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tiffanybeal
on 3/16/14 10:19 am - OH
VSG on 12/30/13

I never use to have a problem sticking up for myself but lately I let things bother me more I think

skeller
on 3/16/14 10:35 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

People (myself included, I know) can be so thoughtless, can't they? I am so sorry you had this experience. HUGS!!

VSG_VET
on 3/16/14 10:54 am

Willing to bet she'll be having a consult for WLS soon!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views