Coming out, finishing up plastics (hopefully), and life at nearly 2 years post op with photos

kerry B.
on 8/27/14 9:36 am
VSG on 11/04/13

Great post!  I continue to be inspired by your journey.  You look fantastic and good luck tomorrow!

I am in my head ALL THE TIME.  Waiting waiting waiting for the bubble to burst.  I have done well and the weight loss was not difficult for me either.  I have not had any complications and I am under goal.  But in my head it's all going to come crashing done.  I have filled the void with shopping and am trying to manage that right now.  The last time I lost 75 pounds (many years ago) I filled the void with the attention from men.  Holy crap, that is the first time I have expressed that out loud to someone other than my therapist.  I told her that in the past I feel like I have sabotaged my weight loss because I didn't want to start looking for attention again.  So far I am in a place that I don't feel like I need that validation and I am overjoyed about it!

Anyway, I didn't mean to get carried away there.  Just wanted to say congrats and good luck!!

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

ravenbrown
on 8/27/14 9:55 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you! I have never needed validation from men, but the crazy amount of attention I've gotten for the last several months is mind blowing. It's also confusing, annoying, overwhelming and powerful. I know it's meaningless, but being appreciated purely because men think you are hot is a very new experience. I'm used to being smart, funny, blunt, the girl you want to debate philosophy with so this is a new experience. Men thinking I'm not smart. Men thinking I'm easy. Men being overly nice to me while not listening to a thing I'm saying. So basically, I'm having the 20 something, college experience as a 33 yr old suburban working wife and mother. Mind boggling, I tell you. 

Kelly Jean
on 8/27/14 11:01 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Raven you look so beautiful..... I hope you won't mind but can I ask how tall are you and what size did you go with when getting the twins ... I'm starting to look into them now so I was wondering .... thanks !!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

ravenbrown
on 9/2/14 1:07 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Sorry, I didn't get notifications for these last few responses.  Ugh, OH!  I am 5'7, and I had a 34C/32D before surgery (mostly skin, but there was some lower volume).  I went with 440cc silicone implants.  It was suggested to me by both surgeons that I liked that I should go with at least a 400cc implant because of the width of my chest and the spacing of my breasts.  I went with 440cc because I wanted some "show."  I like boobs, my hubs likes boobs, so I wanted BOOBS.  Haha.  I'm really happy with them, and I think I would have been sad if they'd been smaller.  They were freaking gigantic for the first three weeks, but they settled.  Thank you! 

Kelly Jean
on 9/2/14 1:24 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Thank you soooooo much for the info ... so it's a very full c or a D ... which is what I was looking for !!!  You look fantastic .... I want mine to look the same size as yours !!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

ravenbrown
on 9/2/14 1:29 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Oh no, they were that size BEFORE plastics.  They are about a 32DDD now.  I have a smallish rib cage, but it's sort of wide?  My breasts are also spaced pretty far apart, so the implants needed to be larger to give me side & middle fullness.  I'm really, really happy with them.  It does make me top heavy (weird when I've always been so hippy), but I, frankly, LOVE my body now.  I also don't really wear bras anymore.  I have nipple covers and a few bralets for light colored tops, but I didn't spend all that money on augmentation and a lift to contain these beauties :)

Nikke2003
on 8/28/14 1:01 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

You are fantastic!!!!! 

So bummed I couldn't go to the conference last year.... or this year... UGH, by the time I get to go, nobody I know will be there lol!!

Good luck on your last round of plastics! I have less than a month to go - YIKES!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ravenbrown
on 9/2/14 1:11 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You'll do great!  It's really not as bad as I expected, but I'm also crazy stubborn and built for hard labor :)  You're in great shape, so I'd be really surprised if you didn't recover a lot quicker than your surgeon anticipates. 

And I'll be at the conferences as long as Summer stays in SoCal.  It's just an extra chance to hang with my bestie and go a little wild.  Hahah.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views