Rny to sleeve?

Ms Shell
on 9/16/14 1:53 am - Hawthorne, CA

You had the RNY which is way more evasive then the sleeve so I'm curious to know what scares you about the sleeve?

Not sure if there is a question but the sleeve retricts the amount of food you can eat at one time...that's it...no malabsorption or anything your intestines are intact etc.

Based on your post (and NOT playing a doctor on OH) your mystery pain could be coming from your blind stomach (that they can't really scope) or something to do with your intestines since he wants to REVERSE your surgery which is a BIG surgery because they have to put the stomach back together and your intestines.   It is possible to just reverse the stomach (putting it back together) and then creating a sleeve stomach leaving the intestines and you would have an "almost" DS.  

I'd definitely be asking MORE questions and asking why the reversal.  Is it just a "we hope it stops the pain."  Or is it a "we found the cause."

MS Shell

inspector-girl
on 9/16/14 2:13 am - Somewhere, AK

Yes it's a big deal to reverse which is why I'm scared spittless. I really don't have good answers to the questions you pose as he just saw tests Monday and went on vacation last night. I spoke only with his nurse and she just said he didn't go into detail other than a reversal was necessary. So sit and wait and wonder wtf. I damn near died with my last surgery. I had lap. Then developed a bleed and the opened me up 2 days later. Then got an incisional infection (I blame the nursing care not the dr). My 3 day stay turned into 3 weeks. It was horrible. Blood transfusions. The whole works. I'm petrified. I don't have a support network other than my family. Which is very good. But since I'm thousands of miles away I can't even go to groups to ask questions. It's been years since I've been on this site. I use to be very active. I do not trust the drs here. They're flat out crazy with lots of bad things connected to them. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/14 1:56 am

Also have you tried to find a new surgeon in your area? Some doctors will take on revision new patients that they did not do the original surgery on. Might be helpful if you could find someone local if at all possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Sending good luck vibes your way!

inspector-girl
on 9/16/14 2:14 am - Somewhere, AK

Thanks for the vibes. See my previous reply to your post regarding local dr

weese
on 9/16/14 10:26 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Well I am so glad to hear you have had testing. Some times there is scar tissue that causes blockages....it's a possibility anyway. So since they will be reversing your RNY the surgery will b more intense than those of us that only have had the sleeve. It will be more like your original in terms of recovery. Hopefully without the complications though!  I don't blame you for having some apprehensions about this with everything you went through. My thoughts and prayers will b with you!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il