confused !! maintenance sux.. not really..pics

Jules78
on 10/21/14 2:05 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Kelly I think you look fantastic!!  And not too skinny at all!  You look like you never had issue with weight a day in your life.  People are just used to seeing you a certain way and it will take some time for them to get used to the new you.  However, I think your sister may be a little jealous.  Just my opinion.

youtube channel- silkiilocks

Kelly Jean
on 10/21/14 9:45 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Thanks Jules your to sweet !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Cernigl1
on 10/21/14 2:33 am
Cernigl1
on 10/21/14 2:36 am

Ok so I checked out your Photo's before I replied because I wanted to give you my honest opinion.  These people care about you and they just want you happy and healthy, that being said they also, I am assuming have see you heavy most of your life, so seeing you "normal" body weight is an adjustment they need to make not you.   You look FABULOUS!!!

And as long as you are happy and you are taking care of your self physically and getting your nutrition in, in a healthy way, then don't you let anyone tell you otherwise.  Just be happy.

Next time someone says something to you that you are getting too thin, You just let them know, "Hey I am the healthiest I have ever been, I have never taken such good care of myself, but thank you for your concern"

You don't have to say it verbatum!! :) LOL  but something like it will get your point across that their approval is no longer wanted nor needed.  you are happy with you.!

Kelly Jean
on 10/21/14 9:48 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

And I am that's the funniest part I feel better then ever i can go for hours!!! I love to exercise and have fun I'm out going and personable ...  I am way way healthier then even I thought I could be!! :-) thanks so much for your support !!!2

♡ Kelly

GoBlueGirl1998
on 10/21/14 2:43 am - MI

Kelly, you look amazing! From all your posts it sounds like you feel amazing! I think familing & friends are use to seeing us a certain way & they have a hard time visualizing us differently as well! Its a big change for us, but also a big change for the people around us  too. Good luck and you look great!

Kelly Jean
on 10/21/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

You 1009% I do feel amazing :-) thanks so much for your support !! :-)

♡ Kelly

Ms Shell
on 10/21/14 2:45 am - Hawthorne, CA

First off OWN your body and YOUR weight and don't let others get in YOUR head.  Bottom line your friends are USED to seeing you FAT and NOPE not one of them had the "nerve" to tell you that you were FAT but for some reason as you go the other direction it's "ok" to say you are getting to skinny.  I would ask someone who did NOT know you fat.

NOW to answer your question.  I think you look beautiful and a good healthy size =)

Kelly Jean
on 10/21/14 9:51 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Ms. Shell ,Your right people are so used to the big olé me it's hard for there eyes and mind to catch up... and with all this support I feel like I did before thank you!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/14 4:03 am - Canada

You hear other people saying it but until you get there you can't believe it will happen to you.  You're too skinny, thin, you look gaunt, sick....you need to stop!  It's so rude and annoying and messes with our already fragile self-esteem.  

I hated it when it happened to me and I cried for days.  Then something happened.  I just gave up on listening to other people.  The compliments and the insults (veiled as compliments).  I'm done and finally...FINALLY my self esteem is coming back. What changed my mind?  I was at a family event and saw a cousin I barely know and who did not know me when I was fat.  Someone complimented me on my weight loss and she said, "You do look great!  When I saw you a month ago you must have been getting over something because you looked sick and gaunt.  Today you are just glowing with health!"  Her comment had nothing to do with my weight but with my appearance of health. 

I realized, it's true what people on here have been saying.  Some of us go through a stage of looking sickly and too thin.  Our faces get gaunt but then we bounce back.  Our bodies adjust and plump up a bit (is the best way I can describe it).  I'm a smaller size and weight then I was when I got the worst of the comments but my body does seem different.  It's like my skin plumped up and tightened up a bit and I no longer look like I'm starving myself to death.

I still don't eat any more then I did during weight loss, my weight has held steady for the past month but I definitely am growing (or shrinking) into this body.  

I also have stopped posting pictures of myself online.  If I am somewhere and people take pictures that's fine but unless I'm showing pictures of some fun day we had or event we went to I don't change my pictures nearly as often.  That helped stop the comments.

Kelly you are looking great and have done wonderful things for yourself, you know that and don't need me to tell you.  The best thing you can do now is to stop giving people the opportunity to comment and if and when they do ask them to not do it again.  I did it with a post on facebook that showed a picture of my BMI and said, "I have a whole team of medical professionals that are monitoring my health and helping me achieve my goal of health.  Please do not comment on my appearance as being unhealthy or too thin, my lack of self esteem doesn't need your help."

I still get the odd comment but they are all good.  But even those I take with a grain of salt.  I've always tried to live with the adage that if you give people the power to build you up, you give them the power to tear you down.  At some point in my weight loss I forgot that.  Now that I got it back I'm feeling much better about myself and not freaking out anymore about how awful I look.  

Just keep being you, keep doing what you are doing and keep being true to YOUR journey.  The rest will follow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views