What to eat during Christmas at the Puree Stage

Gwen M.
on 12/20/14 9:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If you click on any of the meals in that link, it'll take you to the recipe I used.  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

psychoticparrot
on 12/21/14 1:14 am

What about pureed turkey baby food seasoned with a little sage, salt and pepper? 

Eggface
on 12/21/14 1:47 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww Merry Christmas. Hope that was just a small bump in an otherwise smooth journey. If you still have your gallbladder it's doing overtime in this weight loss process so often they act up a bit. 

Baked Ricotta http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

and for "dessert" a Grinch Shake :) http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-g rinch-stole-christmas-feast.html

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

knolmom
on 12/21/14 6:08 am

For the purée stage, I try hard to incorporate protein into every meal. My NUT wants me to eat every three hours, and not more than 2 to 3 oz except for yogurt. My purée go to foods are turkey meatball with ricotta and tomato sauce( in the bullet) hummus with garlic, hummus with fresh pesto, soft scrambled egg with grated asiago or sharp cheddar( 2 tbs cheese) Italian tomato/ lentil or vegetable/ lentil soup( Amy's low sodium) Progresso light chicken noodle soup puréed w/ 2 spoonfuls of cannelloni beans, tuna chopped fine w/ low fat mayo, turkey chili from Wedy's puréed in the bullet, egg salad w/ low fat ( light) mayo, Fresh Chinhook Salmon cut and chopped up fine, with puréed cauliflower. I will be on the purée foods for 11 days before graduating to soft foods on Christmas EVE. Puréed shrimp bisque, very soft crab cakes broiled, unsweetened applesauce, mashed sweet potato. Even lobster or shrimp cut very small. Very soft berries with no sugar. Fresh apple chopped into small pieces.

No red meats, white meat chicken or salad until 3to 4 months post op. No pasta, no bread, no rice, EVER. 1 shake divided in half and each half cut with high protein milk like skim plus or over the moon. Do this twice a day and get 18 gr protein in each, also 1 Greek low fat yogurt @ 80 or 100 cal gives another 11 grams totaling 47 gr protein before adding your puréed foods. So you have about 380 cal with high protein low carbs before you start.

Cibologi
on 12/21/14 6:14 am

Thank u for the wonderful ideas. You have really made me feel like I can do this. Thanks so much for the details including what how much and when to eat. Merry Christmas 

Most Active