Pureed foods...Yuck :-(

coll26
on 2/9/15 12:32 pm
VSG on 01/30/15

It seems like every surgeon and NUT have a somewhat different plan! I met with my NUT today, 10 days postop she told me that I can advance to soft foods on Thurs. and to remain on pureed for 2 more days, I do not like pureed foods so I chose to stick with shakes, yogurt, ricotta cheese, creamy soups etc.i can not wait until Thurs! She also told me she wants me to increase my caloric intake to 700 daily and 80 GM protein, and consume 2 protein shakes a day, on Thurs moving on w soft food for 2 weeks! It is also individualized somewhat to how you are progressing, I know some people don't have insurance coverage for NUT but it's worth the money if not at least in the beginning! They will also do phone consults and email, in my team! Good luck to all!

Flabaway
on 2/9/15 3:48 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

My surgeon included meat/veg soups for purée . A week in or so I pureed a yellow chicken curry and it was good. My RD was cool with that.Later I pureed meatballs with a small amount of sauce. That was good too. 

I pureed chicken breasts but had to add it to broth in order to get it down. Btw i marinaded the chicken in olive oil, kick'n chick, a little mrs dash, and pink Himalayan salt. As soon as I got into soft food I started shredding it instead, and chewing the hell out of it.

Bufflehead
on 2/9/15 6:15 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I pureed meat with a flavorful sauce rather than water or broth, then heated it up in the microwave in a little ramekin, sometimes with a little cheese to melt on top. I found that made it taste like a casserole rather than baby food or cat food or something gross. Some of my favorite combos:

--salmon with lemon dill sauce

--shrimp with buffalo sauce and blue cheese

--chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese

--turkey with peanut satay sauce

--ground beef with low carb bbq sauce and cheddar cheese

--thai spice tuna with sriracha sauce and pepper jack cheese

I also did a lot of Greek yogurt, refried beans with hot sauce, poached eggs, Eggface's ricotta bake, etc.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 243 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views