home from hospital HELP

Valerie G.
on 2/12/15 3:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

From the minute they remove that IV from your arm, you have a daily goal of 64oz of fluids.  It's difficult, but your body doesn't care and will start to react if you do not give it what it needs.  The crushed ice is a good one if you're tolerating it.  Stock up on it and keep some next to you all day and constantly chomp on it.

The rest will ease up, a little better every couple days.  Keep trying, but remember that 64oz goal no matter what, and everything wet counts.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Luvmygs
on 2/12/15 4:27 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Jack, this is VERY normal. Our sleeve is very swollen after surgery and very restricted. Just keep on sipping. It took me about 3-4 days after surgery to start on my protein. My doctor was more concerned abou****er after surgery. If you can handle ice, maybe you should try SF popsickles. It will get better. Watch the video on Dr. Alvarez talking about fluid intake after surgery. Good luck. Christine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7v_FAEU76s

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/12/15 4:48 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Because your stomach is so swollen from the massive changes it just underwent, it feels very restrictive to getting liquids down.  What you're going through is completely normal.  Just keep sipping all day long.  Try different temperatures of fluids - sometimes warm liquids like tea go down easier than ice cold water.  Also sugar free popsicles are great and count as fluids.

It will get easier over time as your stomach heals and because its new normal size.  Give it a few weeks.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Flabaway
on 2/12/15 7:13 am
VSG on 01/05/15 with

That was my experience. It gets easier.

Jack Allen
on 2/12/15 8:12 am - Leesburg, VA

Ok frozen protein shake a are gross. 

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views