Day 4 post-op. What have I done?!?!

samanthalc
on 5/22/15 2:26 pm
with

This is very helpful.  Thank you!

NoRegrets4Me
on 5/22/15 7:50 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

Oh I posted about the same thing 5 days out. I was very emotional and discouraged I too expected to bounce back faster. Everyone said it gets better and at about day 8 I really turned the corner. Just hang in there! I at 4 1/2 weeks now and doing really well. 

Lillydivine
on 5/23/15 2:47 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

Yes, it does get better!

About a week and 2 ER visits later, I ended up back in the hospital. On a Monday morning, I called my surgeon's office begging for help. An hour later, I was in his office, crying, asking for my stomach back and saying how sorry I was for having done this surgery at all. He took one look at me and stuck me back in the hospital. After a few days in the hospital, I came out fine. Each day gets better for me. There are still little set backs sometimes. But this surgery is saving my life.and for that, I am truly grateful. 

In a week or two, you'll be amazed at the difference in you!

Oh and I too celebrate farts and burps. Lol

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

lilmsmrtas
on 5/23/15 3:54 pm - Anchorage, AK
VSG on 05/15/15

Stay strong!! I am 8 days out, the first week is the roughest. I'm finally feeling like I have energy today. I walked a whole mile... I can't remember the last time I did that. 

The he first few days were spent resting, pacing my apartment, trying to get fluids in (I highly recommend pedialite popcicles) and taking joy in every burp and fart. About 6 days out the soreness went away. I tried to drive on day 4... This was a mistake. Anything that require twisting or turning quickly was bad. 

The first week with all liquids is also rough because you are rarely satisfied. Try sipping a good protein shake, this will also help with the weakness. Otherwise just rest, walk and hydrate!!! It will pass, hang in there!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views