More Updating...

Darcy G.
on 5/3/16 2:48 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I'm really working on it. On track for about 47g protein today--without drinking any of the protein shakes(although I did use protein powder to ramp up some instant SF pudding yesterday, and it's terribly sweet, but I can handle it for now.). 

Still struggling with liquids... Seems like I can only do well at one or the other any day. Good liquids? Bad protein, and vice versa. Mostly because I feel full even the hour after eating when drinking is supposed to resume. It's really hard!!

Just going to do my best and get IV fluids when I need to until everything levels out.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

seabexlose
on 5/3/16 3:01 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Great news!  You will be feeling back to yourself in no time!

My surgeon's office sells this water enhancer called Proti-15.  it's fruit flavored and provides 15 g protein in 16 oz water.  It's spendy, as expensive as protein shakes, but it has helped me out a lot, as sometimes shakes are just too much for me.

Darcy G.
on 5/3/16 4:14 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

How are they taste-wise? And are you super sensitive to flavors after surgery?

I will make an effort to sleuth some out if they're worth it!

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

seabexlose
on 5/3/16 9:31 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

I have not yet noticed any change to my taste-buds.  I think the proti-water tastes pretty good.  It definitely benefits from being cold, so if you can't drink cold yet, then probably not worth it for you. I drank it room temperature right after surgery, which was okay, but cold is best.