Anyone have a "card" for restaurants allowing you to eat off the kids menu or get...

milaortiz30
on 5/24/16 4:29 pm
VSG on 10/07/15

my surgery center gave me one. i'll see if i can find it for you but normally i just order something and take the left overs home or order an appetizer. :)

SW 232  CW 150 GW 140-125 not sure!  Sleeved 10/7/15

my routine:  no carbs, no sugar, workout 3-5x week cardio and weights

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/24/16 5:29 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My surgeon's office gave me one, but I threw it away.

Restaurants aren't required to honor it.  I find that there's always something on the menu I can eat without guilt.  If the portion is too large, I split it in half and eat the rest the following day.

I don't believe the world should treat me differently because I decided to have my guts rearranged.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

NYMom222
on 5/24/16 8:37 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You are very recently out from surgery... When I wanted to go out and be social in the beginning, I would just order a cup of soup. (sometimes bring unflavored protein powder and mix it in) and once I was allowed salad might order a dinner salad and sometimes add a side of protein like they put on the large salads.

Did something last week that someone on here had mentioned and it worked out brilliantly. The server looked at me like I was nuts, but who cares. They had a salad with steak, blue cheese, bacon, tomatoes, onions and artichoke hearts on it. I ordered it and asked them to bring it to me hold the lettuce. It was perfect, still big, and of course I still couldn't fini****

I have also ordered sandwiches and wraps with no bread. Just the insides. Recently did this and said I just wanted the chicken salad with lettuce and tomato...the server was like 'we have a salad here with chicken salad'.. but I said I didn't want that much. I've ordered hot sandwiches too... fish tacos with no taco shell..... Usually they make it up very nice for you....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

KansasPrincess
on 5/25/16 5:12 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

they're kind of useless.. I live in the kc area and they don't honor them at very many place. I did find one place in my town that will let me order off the kids menu. I have also found that side items work great. or you can do a half order at some places. hope that works!

HEIGHT 5'6" HW: 422.7 CW: 267.8 SURGERY DATE: 10/15/15 GW:160-170 VSG IN TIJUANA MEXICO WITH DR. JAIME PONCE DE LEON- REVISION TO RNY WITH DR. J. STEPHEN SCOTT, KS. 10/16/18

catwoman7
on 5/25/16 7:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I just get an appetizer or split a meal, too.  Kids' menus usually feature stuff like hotdogs and chicken nuggets.  Ugh.  Plus not exactly bariatric-friendly, either.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 8:42 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

For me I normally order dinner and think about the left overs and how they'll hold up.  I am not allowing myself starchy or sugary foods so a typical order for me is like this:

Fish fries and slaw = Fish and double veggies

I eat the fish there and then I take home the veggies and eat them as a snack later.  I like veggies and while they do not normally fit into my plan while eating my actual meal because of space, I do take them home for later.  While sitting at the computer I've replaced mindless eating of chips or popcorn with the green beans from lunch I didn't eat.  I've found that bathroom time is happier with the added veggies and my iron pills do not cause me any issues.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active