Still tired

aapayne13
on 7/21/16 5:05 am

It really sucks.   I don't really have anything to complain about other than the tiredness.  I lost 100 pds in 9 months and have been maintaining my weight since then.  I just wish I could do more.  I have lost an extreme amount of muscle and would like to get in the gym to build it back up.  Somedays I can, but others I just can't do it. I just want some kind of energy.  It's frustrating. 

LeapSecond
on 7/21/16 4:36 am - AR

Since everything checks out fine ask them to treat the symptoms. I was sleepy a lot as well. Thought it was depression went to my Phych doc a asked for a stimulant.  I am on a small dose twice a day and I still sleep at least 8 hours a night and usually a nap in the afternoon for an hour. It is like having a couple of cups of strong coffee.  I would sit and nap all day without it. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

LeapSecond
on 7/20/16 7:13 pm, edited 7/20/16 9:36 pm - AR

I would seek medical help. Request specific levels i.e.. Iron, TSH, Free T4, Vit D, B12, testosterone.  If everything checks out fine ask them to treat the symptoms.  It is an effort for me to put 1 foot in front of the other some days.  I was sleepy a lot as well. Thought it was depression went to my Phych doc a asked for a stimulant.  I am on a small dose twice a day and I still sleep at least 8 hours a night and usually a nap in the afternoon for an hour. It is like having a couple of cups of strong coffee.  I would sit and nap all day without it.  I was on testosterone replace pre op but developed A-Fib so I stopped.  Sometimes the cure causes worse problems as you well know.

aapayne13
on 7/21/16 5:12 am

I know all about it.  I have been on stimulants for the majority of my life.  I developed damage from all the years I have been on them.  Were talking about 25 years worth of stimulant use.  So I have been off of them for several years.  I have anxiety which the stimulant makes them worse. So, I now use essential oils for my anxiety and it is working well.   I work 5 days a week and I just took a position at our local hospital to free up time for my school.  I hope I can figure this out really soon.  But, you know I also have an extremely boring job maybe I'm just bored.  That this point I am drawing at straws.  I am going to my Dr. next week.  I hope he can help me.

LeapSecond
on 7/21/16 5:32 am - AR

I have seen essential oils work where I thought it was impossible in a pain setting.  I also have found meditation to help some with anxiety I just kept falling asleep.  I hope your doc can find the problem and it is an easy fix. Let me know if you find some help.

aapayne13
on 7/21/16 6:43 am

They help a lot.  I will keep everyone posted.  Thank your for your kind words.

Valerie G.
on 7/21/16 6:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Wait a second...you've malnourished yourself for 16 months, and just ordered supplemental vitamins today?

There's your answer 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

aapayne13
on 7/21/16 6:41 am

No, I haven't malnourished myself..... I have been out of my vitamins for a few weeks.  But, I have delt with this problem for 16 months.  Clear labs with correct nutrition and vitamins.  I eat everything that I have been instructed to eat since surgery.  My question was if anyone had the same issue.  Not accusing me of malnourishing myself.

ImGoingToDisney
on 7/25/16 4:43 pm

My PCP is getting more blood work on 8/2 but I think everything will still show good, it has up until now and I have had EVERY test known to man. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 187 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 275 views