Whatcha eating today? Sunday, 10/23/2016

Donna L.
on 10/23/16 10:06 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Man, that's a great idea!  I have teeny jars too.  If I make stew I will totally do this!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

sds0029
on 10/24/16 5:34 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

So cute you names your sleeve.  I did the same. Callalily?

AK_Gipson
on 10/23/16 8:04 am
VSG on 04/14/14

Woke up to 55 degrees in the house. I can't feel my toes. I broke down and turned the heater on. Which sucks because it's supposed to be up to 80 tomorrow lol 

I usually cook 2 whole chickens in the crockpot for 4 hours on high and shred the meat. Then I have meat for lunches all week. I do a lot of "chef" salad or chicken salad with cucumbers. I don't meal prep for the whole week, but I use my crockpot at least 4 times a week. Tonight I'm throwing in some cubed steak with sliced onions and low fat cream of mushroom soup to make a gravy. I may make some rice for the fam to eat the gravy over. 

B - protein bar

L - chicken bacon ranch salad from McDonald's, homemade ranch dressing (honestly, half for lunch, half will probably be dinner, and my daughter will eat any leftovers) 

D - cube steak and gravy - maybe 

S- unsalted sunflower seeds or another protein bar, protein pudding.

Pudding is for the HUGE vits I can't swallow, I cut the capsule and mix it into the pudding. They did this in the hospital for my dad and thought, why haven't I tried that??? Course they used reg pudding, but I mix sf banana pudding, 2 cups of almond milk, and 2 scoops of isopure zero carb banana creme protein - pour into plastic "shot" glasses with lids. I get about 12 "servings" 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Gwen M.
on 10/23/16 8:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I love doing chickens in the slow cooker!  It's so easy!

Rice is pretty much the staple carb for my family now.  I've got a rice cooker, so it's always easy to make a container of rice up and most of the things I cook seem to work well with rice.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Donna L.
on 10/23/16 8:26 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Mariano's has ribeyes for $8/pound!  Guess I'll be having steak for a few days >.>

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

yvonnef1964
on 10/23/16 10:27 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and Colby pepper jack cheese bites 

L I had a a piece of chocolate cake for pastor appreciation day at church. Cottage cheese,  baby carrots  and yellow pepper 

D pork loin and sliced carrots

S Greek yogurt, apple and turkey sausage snack sticks 

W & V on track

E not today

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/23/16 3:13 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Brrr, that is cold! It was in the 40's yesterday mostly because of this really cold windy breeze. I definitely underdressed yesterday. Thankfully today it's a little warmer. Nothing really planned today, just going for small walks outside, basically going cabin crazy & I'm on a light bulb hunt, but  can't find the right bulb in the neighborhood & will eventually have to go to Loews/Home Depot.

The day so far looks like:

Breakfast Orgain protein drink & cold cuts

Lunch Amylu chicken burger & Quest chips

Dinner Shrimp salad & swiss cheese

Snacks powdered pb & skinny pop popcorn snack sized bag

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 10/23/16 5:26 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

How do you eat the powdered PB?  Since I'm imagining you sprinkling it on the popcorn and I can't decide if that sounds amazing or disgusting ;)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/24/16 6:32 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

HaHa, sometimes I have unique tastes lol. The pb is chocolate flavored pb, & the skinny pop doesn't have much flavor since its plain, so yeah I can sprinkle a little bit, not much, in the bag, which is just 1 serving size & shake it up.

The pb only becomes like a pb spread, with water. I figure its better than me buying chocolate flavored peanut butter popcorn. I don't even know if that exists. :)

However most times I eat the pb as a spread & the popcorn as a separate snack.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 10/23/16 5:04 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

I got late start today and was pretty busy all day, but here's mine:

B: Oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon

S: Tall iced coffee from Starbucks

L: 3 ounces chicken breast

S: Sargento Low fat colby jack cheese stick

D: Turkey 3 bean chili with a little light sour cream and cheese on top

Will prolly have my nightly Orgain protein shake

Vitamins on track today, but ive been lacking on the water today.

No exercise today as sunday is usually a rest day, but I did take care of a friends dog today which required me to take 2 flights of stairs several times. 

Most Active