5 & 1/2 years after VSG

happyteacher
on 12/4/16 6:18 am

Congrats on your long term maintenance! Your path may not be typical, but thus far effective nevertheless! I was on these boards back when you had surgery, and overall the boards are much more balanced now. The carb wars and bougie size wars are a thing of the past. Now the advice is much more balanced and tempered. Many still advocate lower carb for sure, but not that you are doomed to fail if you don't do exactly what I say mentality that used to be so prevalent.  Bougie size comes up every so often as well, but nothing more than a discussion of different views. I have a large sleeve and have maintained well over the years, so it is not all about size. The research is still indicating that you can have a sleeve in the 40s with the same result of the smaller 32. It is not until that sleeve size creeps up into the 60s that it seems to be more of an issue. Personally, I am grateful for being able to eat a small fairly normalish portion size. But I could see for some that extra capacity might be an issue as well. 

Your post really caught my attention. I have been regularly reading the boards for over 6 years (maybe longer under a different email) Not often we see one that admits to a large percentage of daily intake being junk food, but with continued success. I know personally too high of a percentage of my daily calories continues to come from sugar, so although I don't eat constant junk food I do indeed have too much sugar. It can be a slippery slope for sure. 

I wish you continued success!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Crissy327
on 12/4/16 7:13 am - NC

That's interesting. I have not been on here much in the last several years. I do stop in once in a while to try to give back. I know other people's post sure helped me. Actually, if it were not for this site, I would probably never had the surgery at all. That's a scary thought. Lol.

Anyway, I am glad you are still doing well too!!

Nice to hear from you!

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active