HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIDDDEEE!

Rachel B.
on 1/25/17 5:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

and I used to work on the psych ward in prison!!!  I loves my crazy people!!!  Cos I is one!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

happyteacher
on 1/26/17 3:20 am

Thank you! That explains why I had no clue. Have not seen the movie nor read the book. I was associating it with a tool and just couldn't get the connection, lol. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

cmp067
on 1/29/17 7:51 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

Such a great movie........

Coppergirl
on 1/22/17 9:20 am

Welcome!! You will find this forum to be very supportive. They members here tell it like it is but are quick to say good job too!

Started this journey 6/6/16 - 246.8lbs. SW 214 - 9/6/16 VSG. CW - 158. (9/15/17) Post VSG M1- 20, M2- 8.4 M3- 6.6 M4- 8 M5- 3.6 M6-5.8 M7- 1.5 M8- 1.5 GOAL - 142.

Never waste a second chance!!

Sai F.
on 1/22/17 9:23 am, edited 1/22/17 1:23 am
VSG on 09/02/16
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/17 10:01 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Welcome to OH!  Looking forward to reading more of your posts and sharing the journey.  

nurse_ratchet
on 1/22/17 11:42 am

Thanks everyone!!!! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/23/17 7:35 am

Remember that OH has a great member-to member  blocking system.  you don't like someone's posts -  what you perceive as too harsh posts to others - block them ahead of time.  Just be aware that you may also be blocking a very valuable information from them. 

Sometimes it is a risk worth taking.  I know I blocked some people  because their posts just irritated me . and instead of being snarky to them - I chose not to see their posts.  I am here to get and give support.  

PS: some of the very people that seemed very "harsh" to me when I joined this site over 8.5 years ago - become my most valuable  source of info and support when I really needed it.  When I was dealing with long term complications and issues due to WLS.   

reminds me of this story: 

A little bird was flying south for the Winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.

While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.
As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was.

The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who ****s on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend.
(3) And when you're in deep **** it's best to keep your mouth shut!

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/23/17 7:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

>> However, I dont know anything special that a normal wls patient would know. Sorry.......I value everyones opinion and honest feedback if they can deliver it in a polite way. Im all about tough love and real honest advice but do not badger me or others. Its uncecessary and I find myself getting overly defensive. With that said, Ive never had an issue with this.never cared what waht anyone said until a very good friend of mine lost her 19 year old daughter to suicide because of kids badgering her about stuff she did that she already knew was wrong. Do I think that everyone is going to make that decision if tormented? No,,,,,,however you dont know everyone and dont know the demons they suffer with so please be nice :) 

If you've never had trouble with being "badgered" here, why are you telling us how to post? Seems irrelevent to me.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

nurse_ratchet
on 1/23/17 11:47 am
On January 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

>> However, I dont know anything special that a normal wls patient would know. Sorry.......I value everyones opinion and honest feedback if they can deliver it in a polite way. Im all about tough love and real honest advice but do not badger me or others. Its uncecessary and I find myself getting overly defensive. With that said, Ive never had an issue with this.never cared what waht anyone said until a very good friend of mine lost her 19 year old daughter to suicide because of kids badgering her about stuff she did that she already knew was wrong. Do I think that everyone is going to make that decision if tormented? No,,,,,,however you dont know everyone and dont know the demons they suffer with so please be nice :) 

If you've never had trouble with being "badgered" here, why are you telling us how to post? Seems irrelevent to me.

I'm not telling anyone how to post.  Was speaking of my experience and misunderstanding in the past. Also, the reason for my sensitivity.  That is all.   It's so easy to misunderstand someone since you aren't speaking face to face. I am guilty of this. It seems you have misunderstood my tone as well.  

Most Active