Anyone have a Fitbit?

LosingSarah
on 11/3/13 5:58 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I thought about it because I've heard before about how great they are about stuff like this. I don't expect they'll help me out because I've owned it over a year, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. I think I'll go for it! :)

birdiegirl
on 11/2/13 7:57 pm

Hi Linda

I purchased a Fitbit 18 months ago....I think its called a ONE....its the type I clip on my bra every morning

What I truly find amazing....is how it has changed my behavior.....

I have not registered for "friends" .....this is all about me and my habits....but if you like that motivation you can see what other people - "friends"- are completing daily

I put it on every day....and check it every night....and love to see the steps I am completing....especially when I walk the golf course....

Its a real motivator for me....I would purchase another if I lost this one.....( and I put mine thru the washer the first week....took a licking and came out ticking!)

llLou
on 11/3/13 1:56 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I have the fitbit one. I love it!

themexcellentone
on 11/3/13 5:28 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
I love my Fitbit flex! Looking forward to using it in the pool a****er aerobics classes.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

huskerfan85
on 11/3/13 5:34 am - Colorado Springs, CO

I hate the fitbit flex, but LOVE my fitbit one.  I also sync it with myfitness pal and track what I eat there.  I am looking into the fitbit force which is basically the one and the flex all meshed together and you can wear it on your wrist like the flex.  I did not like the flex because after having the one..I wanted to see my numbers not just lights flashing. Have fun with yours.

Gayle  6'2" 

Linda_S
on 11/3/13 6:05 am - Eugene, OR

Your numbers are just a touch away on your computer or smartphone!  Since I have my smartphone with me almost all the time, I only have a few taps and have more info than I could ever see on my wrist.  Still, whatever floats your boat.  The Force does look interesting, but the Flex provides me with all I need.  ;D

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

huskerfan85
on 11/3/13 11:20 am - Colorado Springs, CO

Unfortunately my numbers are not just a touch away, I can not have the information on my work computer as our firewall will block it all the time and to rely on my phone it drains the battery too quickly as I have to have the blue tooth turned on, so it just does not work.  The force is basically like the ones you clip to your clothes but you wear it on the wrist.  

Gayle  6'2" 

Linda_S
on 11/3/13 11:34 am - Eugene, OR

Hmm.  Do you have a very old phone?  So far, the bluetooth connection with my phone has had no effect on the life of my battery.  I'm retired now, so just have it linked to my home computer and my phone.  Works great!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

huskerfan85
on 11/3/13 11:40 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Nope I have and IPhone 5 and having the Bluetooth on drains the battery. I have heard that from other iPhone users also while others have no issues at all so who knows
Gayle  6'2" 

ChristineB
on 11/3/13 7:31 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On November 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM Pacific Time, Linda_S wrote:

I decided that I need to get moving more.  As they say, you need to move it or lose it.  So, I bought a Fitbit Flex.  I started wearing it on October 17th.  Yesterday (two weeks later), I got an email saying that I'd walked over 50 miles in those two weeks!  I'm not really into competing with other people, but I do get pretty competitive with myself.  I'm really enjoying using this thing.  You can link up your food diary from a couple of different sites (I use My Fitness Pal) and you can also link up our workouts (I use Endomondo Sports Tracker).  It's really fun - especially when it does a little dance on your wrist when you hit 10,000 steps each day.

I have had a Fitbit for close to 2 years and it is a great motivator to get the steps and flights of stairs in daily. It will also calculate any hill you climb for a flight of stairs, the device measures barimetric pressure. My husband decided he wanted one also and we bought the Fitbit One which ended up being too little for his big man fingers so I took the new one and he has my hand me down, the Fitbit Ultra (which they do not sell anymore). We both challenge each other with our steps and stair climbing. He is retired and walks a lot during the day and my work entails walking in the building and stairwells also. We ended up calculating our strides because it seemed like we were getting too many steps for our height/age/sex. Fitbit tells you how to do this. We now have more accurate steps for ourselves. The Fitbit One sincs to my Smartphone also.

We do not get into the food diary part of the tool. That is just us.

Keep up the good work everyone that uses the Fitbit or whichever like took that you have to motivate your journey.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active