speaking of diamonds...

Nickeliz
on 3/9/14 8:27 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

I bought inexpensive ring guards at target (one plain thin gold band and one platinum colored thin band with cubic zirconia stones) and I wear these on top of whatever rings I happen to be wearing that day. I have several "sets' of wedding bands because of how many times my weight has fluctuated, but now I can get them all on my fingers so I have several choices. I will get everything resized when I maintain a final weight for a while. 

MyLady Heidi
on 3/9/14 10:31 am

I wear my great grandmothers diamond engagement ring, I had it resized twice as I lost weight because i was paranoid to lose it, it started out years go as a size ten, my mother inherited it and resized it to a seven, when I inherited it it barely fit, but I wore it anyway.  I have now resized it twice, once to a six and then to a five.  I have a beautiful wedding set from my bf in size 5, but it doesn't carry the sentimental value my geeat grandmothers ring that is over a hundred years old.  Always have your jewelry checked, I recently lost the diamond out of my necklace that I had made from my mothers diamond after I had my wls, luckily I realized the stone was missing when I got to work, I phoned my boyfriend and told him the stone was missing and he actually found it in front of the closet and I was able to get it repaired.  I happen to love diamonds, and don't apologize for wanting a nice size diamond from my bf.  My first husband got me a half carat when I was 18, and it was fine.  But bigger is better when it comes to diamondsd

Day_dream_believer
on 3/9/14 10:54 am

I made the mistake of getting mine resized in August when my hands were swollen from retaining water. Now I need  to have them resized again. 

jenorama
on 3/10/14 5:35 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I had to have a ring cut off before surgery and I just got it fixed and the jeweler did a great job.  It doesn't fit yet, but it did before, so I have confidence that it will again!  :D  If you're just 4 lbs away, I say go for it!  :D

Jen

Most Active