card for restaurants?

soulundefined
on 4/19/14 1:26 pm - Smithers, Canada
VSG on 04/09/13 with

my surgeon Dr. Alvarez actually gives you one in your leaving package, along with a pillow with a diagram of what you had done, and a book he wrote on the subject! Pretty sweet and it works

let your feet carry you where you need to go

Candy V.
on 4/19/14 9:05 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

My surgeon provides a card.  The only place I use it is a Chinese buffet, otherwise I would never go and waste the money. 

Mostly I eat soup or salad out. My favorite diner has a cup of soup, dill pickle and half sandwich for $5.  I get that often and it is still 2 meals.  Or I just have some of DHs food  w an extra plate. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Valerie G.
on 4/20/14 9:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Restaurants are under no obligation to honor these cards, and instead of flashing out your personal medical history to a total stranger, try simply asking.  The card is not necessary for most of them.  I just explain that I have a very small appetite but still appreciate something delicious rather than a kids menu (which is usually crappy food anyways), so I ask if I can get a half portion.  For senior menu's, I"ve never been denied. 

Other ideas are to order al a carte, share with someone since your portion will be so small.  At buffets, ask if you can purchase your dinner by the pound and enjoy the company of everyone else.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active