10 years out and gaining, back on here today for motivation!!!Yesterday I weighed in at...

Nay7529
on 7/18/14 8:43 am - Westbury, NY

Im not sure why some ppl cant find me on fb. email me at [email protected] and send me your fb info and I'll friend you, sorry about that I havent been back on in a few days.

caraz
on 7/13/14 5:54 am

What does your doc say?

Denise R.
on 7/14/14 4:33 am

well, I finally have an appointment scheduled for this Wednesday in the afternoon. It will be with the same hospital that I was for prior surgery however my bariatric surgeon has retired. I have a hernia that has a reoccurring and it is very big. It is growing on my pouch. I know this because it's in  the same place it was before. I'm sure it will need some sort of revision as it did last time due to damage the hernia is causing. I will find out more then.

Nay7529
on 7/18/14 8:45 am - Westbury, NY

My dr? thats hilarious, my dr left his practice about 6 months after I had my surgery and havent had another since then. I should try to find one in my area now but im pretty sure they are going to tell me that Ive ruined it and to go scratch!!

White Dove
on 7/12/14 1:25 am - Warren, OH

I am determined to maintain my goal weight.  I weigh myself every morning.  If I skip weighing, it is like telling myself that I don't have to think about weight. 

If I get into a slump and gain some weight back I know what is going on.  I will then set a date for a new diet.  It is corny of course, but this year it was my New Year's resolution to lose ten pounds.  It took from Thanksgiving until Christmas to put them on.  It too****il April to get them off. 

I use My Fitness Pal to track and to set my goals for calories, fat, carbs, fiber and protein.  Those are your macros.  If you hit your macros you will hit your weight goals and have energy and stamina.  To find your macros go to http://iifym.com

You can calculate exactly what your body needs.  If a slice of frosted chocolate cake fits your macros and that is what you want, then you eat it.  When people really learn to understand their macros and live within them, there will no longer be a need for weight loss surgery. 

We live in a culture that has told us that we must deprive ourselves or suffer by being fat.  Then we see so many people eating the things we are told we must never eat and those people are not fat.  They have just unconsciously figured out their macros and live them.  The information that you need is out there and it is free. 

Remember that it is almost impossible to lose more than two pounds a week and not have it come right back.  I stay at losing one pound a week or even 1/2 pound a week and make sure that it is consistent.  It will take time to get back to your goal, but if you do it this way, it can be your last time fighting regain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tracy D.
on 7/12/14 2:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Great answer 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Momma2nicknmike
on 7/13/14 3:17 am - Beavercreek, OH

Thanks for the link to find my Macros.  Very interesting stuff!!

Lynne    

Denise R.
on 7/14/14 8:29 am

I have a  hernia on the side of my pouch. When I  eat my food does not exit my pouch like it should. It stays  instead in the hernia for weeks on end. This make me feel hungry all the time! Its a videos circle. I had the same occur and need surgery in 2007. I see a gastroenterologist On Wed. I hope the surgery states urgency as my stomach hurts all the time always throwing up.

Denise <3

sp1209
on 7/14/14 9:29 am, edited 7/14/14 9:32 am - AL

Whit Dove, ok, dumb question I'm sure!! I went to the site you suggested. Using the calculator you have to put in your body fat %. I don't know!! Any help?

White Dove
on 7/14/14 10:14 am - Warren, OH

My scale calculates mine, but here is a link to do it yourself https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat#

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active