Antidepressants and VSG

poet_kelly
on 8/17/14 6:23 am - OH

Why don't you want to be on them?  Why don't you want to treat your depression? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ShadowWolf3
on 8/17/14 1:53 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I see how my husband is like a zombie on his , and can't think straight. I'm the sole thinker in the house because he cannot think for himself.  I'm treating my depression as of right now by talking to a psychologist.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

k9ophile
on 8/17/14 3:59 pm
On August 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM Pacific Time, ShadowWolf3 wrote:

I see how my husband is like a zombie on his , and can't think straight. I'm the sole thinker in the house because he cannot think for himself.  I'm treating my depression as of right now by talking to a psychologist.

How many has he tried?  I've been on all sorts; some were disastrous like the MAO inhibitors.  Tricyclics didn't do much for me as there were too many side effects.  Now I'm on a SSRI and doing great.  If your husband's antidepressants were prescribed by an Internist of General Practitioner, he might want to see a psychiatrist.  He may not have to have such horrid side effects if he gets on one more suited for him.

I'm glad you're seeing a psychologist as a combination of therapy and medications can do wonders. 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

andy M.
on 8/17/14 2:56 pm - fairfax, VA
with

I had RNY Gastric Bypass done and I take Prozac. I can't tell you how much better I feel taking the medicine. My doctor wanted me on anti depressants for almost a year before I finally broke down and gave into him. I kept telling myself that I didn't need them, or they wouldn't help me, or basically i just didn't want to be on them. But i thank god every day i gave in. Doctors make the money they do BECAUSE they know what they're talking about (lol i should say, MOST doctors know what they are talking about, i have met some doctors out there that shouldn't be doctors, but that's a story for another day). Your body should absorb any anti depressant normally. Like i said, i had RNY which we don't absorb as good as people with the sleeve done, and I absorb my medication, perfectly. But you definitely want to sit down with your doctor and discuss EVERYTHING your feeling and ask all the questions you have! I would even say look into therapy. Medication is JUST like weight loss surgery, its ONLY a tool to help you. You have to put the work into fixing the core problems, it just helps you get there. Therapy helps A LOT. It doesn't and isn't for all people, but i recommend trying it to see how it works for you! I would have never thought in a million years i would say that i was seeing a therapist and its enjoyable and helping me! But its true.

Most Active