Frustrated need ideas

MsBatt
on 11/23/14 11:32 pm

I have always been a dedicated meatatarian all my life. (*grin*)

The Salty Hag
on 11/24/14 2:31 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'll have meat with a side of meat, please!! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

MsBatt
on 11/23/14 11:22 pm

Eggs good, nuts good, bran bad. (*grin*)

Post-op from ANY form of WLS, we need to eat protein FIRST. Forget about eating any sort of grain, most fruits (VERY high in sugar!), and some veggies until you've finished the weight-loss phase. You will have your work cut out for you just eating as much protein and fat as you need.

bubbles23223
on 11/24/14 12:52 am - Canada

It's a very high protein diet, a way of getting a proper amount of fat as well is through baking with added grated veg?  The weight loss phase can be upwards if a year.  I hear it varies from individual to individual.

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

MsBatt
on 11/24/14 7:19 am

Depending on the form of WLS you choose, you'll need to take in anywhere from 60 to 150+ grams of protein every single day, and you'll have to do with using a VERY SMALL stomach. How much fat you'll need with also vary by procedure. VSGers don't malabsorb at all, RNYers malabsorb a little, and DSers only absorb about 20% of the fat we eat---so DSers need to eat at least 150 grams of fat a day, in order to absorb the 30 or so grams everyone needs daily in order to function.

No matter which form of WLS you choose, you might as well forget about baking for the first several months. CARBS ARE THE ENEMY, and baked goods are very high in carbs.

The weight-loss phase varies a lot, too. Some people, especially people with relatively little to lose, sometimes reach goal in less than a year. Some people take 2-3 years, and I know of at least one person who says it took her 11 years to reach goal, but she did it!

The Salty Hag
on 11/23/14 10:15 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Agreeing with Kat and Kate. 

You are doing wonderfully. 63 lbs. in 4 months is fantastic. It's an average of 15.75 lbs. a month!! 

Just keep following your food plan, and make sure you focus on  protein first. If you are not having problems eating, there's no reason to pass on it in favor of protein shakes. The best choice, when possible, is always dense, lean, moist protein over a shake or a protein bar - it is way better for you nutritionally, and will keep you feeling full longer which may help with feeling like you're eating constantly. 

Again, you're doing really well. Keep your chin up! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

NYMom222
on 11/23/14 12:48 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am 4 months out today and 63 pounds is great. About the same as I've lost since surgery. yes, there will always be those who are losing more but you can't compare. As long as the train is moving forward you are good... you will get there.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

MsBatt
on 11/23/14 11:29 pm

Here's a tip---if you'll put your surgery date and type on your profile, it will show up every time you post. This is info that REALLY helps us answer your questions appropriately.

Now---you've lost 63 pounds in 4 months. Looking at your ticker, you started out with an excess weight of 103 pounds, and you've ALREADY lost 60% of that!!! How fast did you expect to lose??? Girl, your weight loss is fantastic!

If you're really worried about how much you can eat, post a typical day's food here and we'll see if we can give you any advice. I don't see anything wrong with the quantity you're eating, but in order to get mentally prepared for maintaining your loss, now *might* be a good time to look at WHAT you're eating.

And NO, do NOT stick to protein shakes! This is the time when you're supposed to be developing a good relationship with FOOD. You have to learn how to eat in a way that you can stick to, FOREVER. No one can stick to nothing but shakes long-term.

MsBatt
on 11/25/14 5:11 am
On November 25, 2014 at 5:09 AM Pacific Time, Bushidomaster Master Samurai wrote:

Deactivated of course

Why do people DO this??? How did we offend her by telling her she was doing great???

Most Active