Mashies for a month?

musiqsoulchild
on 2/15/16 10:19 am, edited 2/15/16 2:44 am

That sounds about right. My doctor and (before I forget to mention I had vsg done about 2years ago) had me switch to different foods in phases. 1 week after surgery was clear liquids only like chicken broth, tea, water power ade 0, etc and 2nd week was protein drinks and soft food like yogurt and baby food I remember liking the chicken and orzo and rice one and cottage cheese foods of that consistency were advised for a month or longer depending on how I felt after slowly incorporating other foods from the next phase. But don't rush or overdo it you will get the foamies and horrible heart burn if you do.

Dcgirl
on 2/15/16 12:25 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I had a two week liquid diet before surgery (protein shakes, water, ricotta cheese, greek yogurt, sugar-free jello) and then the same for two weeks after.  My surgery was mid-December.  I refer to that December as "the month I didn't chew".  It is hard for the first few days but it gets your mind in the game and the weight loss is pretty awesome.  It's such a distant memory now, at only two years post-op.  Good luck!

Most Active