Wearing clothes that fit

Laura in Texas
on 5/26/16 8:19 am

Good bras are so important for all of us gals, no matter what stage of the game we are in. We should always strive to look our best. When our boobs are down near our belly button, we definitely do not look our best.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

supershopper
on 5/26/16 8:53 am

I buy at thrift stores, kohls clearance, and swap.com usually

when you are going down a size every month or two you really have to stay on top of clothing and making sure they are not too big. I don't even like to sleep in pants that are too big=

I sell on FB sites, swap, mercari, ebay- whatever gets me the most money then i can use that to buy new to me clothes.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/26/16 10:45 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I think understanding this about our new selves is critical for going the distance.  Looking good in ill fitting clothes is not possible.  

A very close friend of mine who is a Parisian transplant to Belgium once asked me why Americans dressed so casually?  (She actually used the words like slobs, but she meant casual)  She told me that for her she would rather have ONE  ?500 cashmere sweater than 10 ?50 cheap ones. I was like, huh?  Less is more??  WOW.

I digress, because the most striking thing she said to me was that clothes that fit well are comfortable so there is no need to wear sweat pants or baggy clothes to be comfortable.  Of course I was MO at the time I thought to my self, easy for you to say since you are a size 2 and everythng fits yo, *****  But now that I can wear any thing I want and am only limited by the cash I'm willing to spend on something I really see her point and I agree 100%.  

It makes me feel better to dress in clothes that fit me and suit my style and personality.  I hated having to wear clothes purely because they were the only ones I could find in my size.  I love my new clothes and they also help me stay focused and determined to stay on track.  I've got WAY too much $$ invested in them to start over and I got rid of everything as I went down in size so I wouldn't have them to fall back if I gained outside my comfort zone.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

April Parker
on 5/26/16 10:42 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

I have been browsing Goodwill and have been purchasing pants one or two at a time in diff sizes. Some were $2 at another thrift store. They may not fit my body style as I am losing weight, but at least I won't get to the point where everything I have is too big and I have somewhere to go that i need to look presentable. Shirts are a different story, I may need to try those on because I am weirdly shaped. Big arms, smaller waist, big belly at the bottom anyway. Shirts almost never fit me the way they fir others. I'm looking forward to be able to wear normal sizes. I say normal, is that bad? I just mean clothes that a more normal size person can wear...

SKmammabear
on 5/27/16 2:53 pm

I have been very fortunate that my sister in law had been losing weight too, and she started out much smaller than me.  She gradually gave me all her old clothes.  Now the last batch she sent to me are actually getting baggy.  I'm catching up to her now!  Either that, or she just found some bigger things in her closet.  haha!  It has really saved me a ton in having to buy a bunch of clothes.  I'm really evening out in my loss now so unless I get skin surgery, I'm thinking I'm about as small as I'm going to get.  I still have about 20 more pounds to go to get where I really would like to be, but even if I don't lose more I'm ok with where I am.  I will need to invest in some clothes that really fit me better.  Like others have said, I too, have gotten a shirt here and there from Wal Mart to save a lot!  

Most Active