Hate it

CMR1075
on 7/23/16 6:31 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Most days are usually 800 and under but have found myself eating more a few times and like you said, didn't notice it till after the fact. I don't usually have a menu planned but breakfast is always the same, a protein drink and then lunch I weigh and measure out because I don't have the means to do it at work. So I'm not over eating there. Dinner is typically a struggle to eat cause I'm usually not hungry but feel like I need to eat before 7 at night so I will almost force myself to finish the 3 oz of food lol. Every now and then after the gym at night I get a bit hungry and will grab a protein bar or some deli meat and cheese rolled up. Nothing too crazy. I guess it's just how my body loses and I should stop stressing because in the long run, I am losing. 

You guys are all awesome with the helpful hints and encouraging words for those times when I am feeling down! It's why I love this forum. 

gram247
on 7/28/16 6:06 am

if you don't eat enough calories, you won't lose weight. I am not saying go overboard. Speak with a nutritionist or counselor in your doc's office to see if you are eating enough. Drinking lots of water/ fluids also helps. 

Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 9:58 am

The scale used to **** me off to. I used to compare myself to everyone. We all are so different. 

When the scale doesn't move make a list of NSVs. They help. But do keep weighing yourself. 

Ranting is good. To hold it in sucks. The mental part is the hardest. 

Starry Eyed
on 7/22/16 3:33 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

I just want to congratulate you on what you've accomplished so far!  Though it is frustrating to not be losing as fast as you want, remember how far you've come and how hard it would have been to do without surgery (not impossible, but a hell of a lot harder and slower!!).  Keep your chin up and trudge through the challenges, you got this!  

High Weight: 307 Start Weight: 297 (11/5/15) Surgery Weight: 278 (4/20/16) Pre-Op: (-19) M1: (-24) M2: (-8) M3: (-10) M4: (-9) M5: (-7) M6: (-6) M7: (-7) M8: (-5) M9: (-4) M10: (-3) M11: (-5) CW: 185

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

CMR1075
on 7/22/16 6:18 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

You are right Betsy...thank you for those encouraging words!!!     Without the surgery I'd still be 250 lbs, have high blood pressure, and miserable. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/22/16 9:26 pm

Comparison is the enemy of success. Someone will always lose faster, wear a smaller size, run faster, have less flappy skin, etc. Stay on plan, plan your meals, measure your portions, and keep on chugging. You can do it.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

CMR1075
on 7/23/16 6:23 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Excellent points. I need to be more positive and seriously stay off the scale lol. Thank you!

summerset
on 7/23/16 6:28 am

I can relate. I'm a revision to MGB and of course my weight goes down much slower because I already had about 50% EWL with the lap-band. Yet it's hard not to compare myself to others who got surgery at the same time.

CMR1075
on 7/23/16 6:35 am
VSG on 01/15/16

It really is. I think a lot of it has to do with me wishing I was going to have this incredible body before my honeymoon cruise (or at least close to it).  That's in 2 weeks sooooooooooooooo, yeah. Apparently I was on drugs when I was dreaming about that lmao. 

Boxerlover3452
on 7/23/16 9:03 am
RNY on 06/06/16

"Comparison is the enemy of success."   I love it!  Thank you.

Most Active