Low-ish BP help

crystal M.
on 8/19/16 1:06 pm - Joliet, IL

I went to an ENT and they ran a battery of allergy tests on me.  I am allergic to just about everything in nature and dust and mold...which I guess those are in nature too.  But no food allergies.  Weird thing is I am allergic to the mold that grows on corn but not corn.  I am allergic to wheat pollen but not wheat itself.  I think that what it is...something like that.  Well any way you get the idea.  Without my paperwork it's hard to remember.  LOL.   

I am actually going for allergy shots because I am tired of being stuffy all of the time and feeling blah. It will take 3-5 years but hopefully it will be worth it.  Oh and because of the allergy shots I have to have new allergy tests every 3 months so they can update my "formula". So I am sick of allergy tests...LOL  

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/19/16 3:08 pm

I checked with ENT and .. in my area they did not test for food allergies.. so verify they did. 

My allergy test (IgE,  IgA)- blood test show some food allergies but not to dairy. A simple allergists back scratch test show dairy and soy allergy.  once I discontinued the dairy and was dairy free for a week or 2 - my voice came back to normal and no more blocked ears...

just make sure you got tested - verified what test were done. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kudzu
on 8/19/16 9:58 am
VSG on 07/28/16

I've not researched this, but my primary care told me to stay away from table salt, soups and things like that, but to drink the low or no calorie gatorades, Powerade-type drinks due to their isotonic make up. Hope you feel better soon. 

LeapSecond
on 8/19/16 2:37 pm - AR

You might want to ask your doc if you can play around with the dosage.  Might be a fine line between migraine control and orthostatic hypotension. Like half a dose a day or taking it every other day.  I know a lady that opened the capsule and took 1/3 of a dose and was getting good relief from migraines.  Otherwise slow with rising and increase sodium.  If your BP gets really low on you, elevate your lower extremities. Then try to get up slower.  I read recently, maybe on this board, about our vessels being larger from being obese.  Could be the culprit but it doesn't help your symptoms.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

mute
on 8/21/16 9:04 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks, I'm already on the lowest dose and I take tablets so I can't take out any of the beads inside like within the capsules. 

Ladytazz
on 8/20/16 1:01 am

My BP has been consistently low for years, like 90/50 regularly.  I used to get dizzy all the time but it seems like it's been years since I've had a dizzy spell even though my BP is still very low.  Maybe my body is just used to it?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Valerie G.
on 8/20/16 8:13 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

enjoy salt shamelessly

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

-Flo-
on 8/20/16 8:59 am
DS on 04/11/16

I have low BP now too. I use salt on everything and I truly enjoy it!  My body actually craves salt, as if it knows that is what I need. 

Desiree F.
on 8/23/16 6:27 am - Varina, IA
RNY on 04/06/16

I had the same thing now I get Botox treatmentso every 3 months.  After 2 treatmentsemaines it works awesome.

mute
on 8/23/16 8:41 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I've tried botox and it didn't work for me unfortunately.

Most Active