Instant Pot on SALE!!

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/25/16 5:03 pm
Thanks Hala! I was thinking more like browning than stir frying...esp to brown beef. I hate messing up more than 1 pan (I'm all about 1 pot cooking).

Scott
H.A.L.A B.
on 11/26/16 4:17 am, edited 11/25/16 8:47 pm

I brow- saute my meat in IP all the time. 

Ground beef - I just dump it all it - and saute in an open pot...

But for stew meat - I do that in single layers - making sure the pot is really hot first - saute a layer of meat - remove - wait till get hot again - next one...etc... 

If you make a large portion of stew - a lot of meat will release moisture - so the meat would "boil -cook" rather than brown in any deep pot.  Hope this helps. 

I love the IP becuase I can make little or a lot and it is "set it up and walk away" kind of cooking device. 

If you plan to make desserts - buy a second silicone ring. The ring takes smell of food you cook - I.e onions, tomatoe, Indian, etc... So you don't want your "cheesecake" or yogurt to smell like that. 

I started adding winter squash to my food but I hate peeling and cubing the hard squash.. Now I just wash the squash - drop it in the IP for 10 min HP in 1 cup of water. After it is cooked - I cut and remove the seeds.. Spoon out the flesh . Add butter and spices... Yum..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/26/16 2:51 pm
Good advice about the ring!

Do you cut the squash in half? I love squa****'s become one of my go to foods.

Scott
H.A.L.A B.
on 11/26/16 3:26 pm

Some I do some I don't. Depends how I feel like. Bigger buternut squash - I do so I can fit all of it in one pot. Small acorn squash - I just toss in whole. 

Delicata squash - wa**** well - the skin falls apart, it is eatable. Don't need to peel. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Teena D.
on 11/30/16 10:30 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Wow- I can't wait to try the squash- i do it in the microwave now. And I love browning meat in it - the fewer dishes the better. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 11/30/16 10:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

i have one! Can you add me? 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/30/16 10:32 am

I could if we are FB friends. 

Search for a group "Instant Pot cooks (all pots welcome)" - that one is independent from IP company

And a second run by IP - "Instant pot Community " it is a public open group. 

Teena D.
on 11/30/16 10:38 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Great- I found them. :)

mute
on 11/25/16 8:58 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Great price! It makes me want a second one lol. I'm resisting the temptation but it's really really difficult at that price...

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

SkinnyScientist
on 11/25/16 11:17 am

Proud owner of an INSTANT POT.  Bought a few recipe books too. They even have a paleo one coming out.

Very excited!

Retail therapy!!!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active