Protein Shakes

Linda H.
on 1/24/17 11:04 am - FERRIS, TX

I have several I just love, my staple is Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla ice cream flavors, I usually just mix it with my coffee for a nice warm cafe latte in the morning, I've also used cashew milk with a small amount of fruit with it to make a frozen shake.   my 2nd favorite right now is Salted Caramel by Quest, but as I've mention I've used several and my taste bud change alot :)

Many Blessings
Linda  
RNY 7-25-05 

Eggface
on 1/24/17 1:12 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

One post-op's yummy treat is another's monkey butt ;) it's really trial and error but yummy ones are out there. I second the suggestion of getting single serve packets at first or if you have some post-op friends swapping some with each other.

You can also jazz up the ones you have by adding all sorts of low cal items https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/protein-shakes-and-smoothi es/ or turn them into other things http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/07/premi er-protein-shakes-5-unexpected.html 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

shelterdog64
on 1/24/17 4:37 pm
VSG on 06/21/16

OMG, you're THE Eggface????  I feel like I just met a celebrity!  Your ricotta bake recipe was the single most delicious bite of food I'd ever had in my LIFE after weeks of liquids...thank you, thank you!!  

Eggface
on 1/25/17 6:53 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww LOL Thank you for the smile tonight! I am so glad it helped... it was the first food that made me feel human again I'm always jazzed to see it was for others too.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

shelterdog64
on 1/24/17 4:33 pm
VSG on 06/21/16

Nashua Nutrition's website has tons of samples you can buy.  Just type "protein powder sample" into the search window and viola!  I think it's just over $2/sample, which will save you tons of money in the long run.  Also, since you're not very far post-op, it's very possible that what you may dislike today may be fine in a month and vice versa.  I LOVED GNC's Lean Shakes for months...now, the smell and taste of them is disgusting to me.  I try to buy any/every thing in small quantities, except for my unflavored protein.  I use it daily and can't tell its in my food or drinks.  Consider trying some unflavored samples, too, as it's a lot more versatile than flavored.

Most Active