on 2/23/17 1:12 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

Try poweraid zero too

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Grim_Traveller
on 2/23/17 1:25 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Every bit of sugar will make you more crazy hungry. Not another gram. Bad, bad plan.

Hang in there. This is like withdrawal. Protein will make you happier than carbs, by a wide margin. But wait until your doc okays it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

anscoste
on 2/23/17 2:01 pm
VSG on 02/17/17 with

I'm going to try Powerade and other Suger free drinks. Thank you so much I hope this helps. ! 

Djmohr
on 2/23/17 12:28 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

I know its crazy but you are not feeling real hunger, itis not possible. There are 3 things that could be causing that feeling.

1. Acid reflux - if your surgeon has you on meds for this you can rule this one out. If not, call him and ask to be put on meds for this
  2. you are dehydrated - this can mimic this feeling exactly. It can cause more serious symptoms as well. Weakness, headache, dizzyness among others. Are you getting all of your liquids in?
  3. head hunger - it is normal and common and unfortunately you have to learn to deal with it. The best thing you can do is distract yourself until it passes. Don't encourage it by watching food network type shows or even commercials. Ideas for distraction: take a shower, do some dishes, read a book, watch a movie, do something with your hands like knitting and crochetiing.

work through these to find relief from this.....i am afraid this is something we all learn to work through when those feelings of hunger come up. Best of luck to you!!!!

anscoste
on 2/23/17 12:38 pm
VSG on 02/17/17 with

I thought I wouldn't feel hunger either !! Lol I was so excited too not feel hungry. 

1) I didn't have acid reflux before so I'm not on anything. Maybe I'll consider calling about that. 

2) I'm drinking 4oz every hour for between 12-14 hours a day.  So I do not believe I'm dehydrated.  

3) I've been trying to remain as active as possible. Doing as much as I can around the house. And when I run out of things. I just go to sleep lol .

Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I really appreciate it !! 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/23/17 1:19 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

A lot of programs put people on 6 months of Prilosec (or the generic equivalent) just as a preventative even if you've never had a reflux problem before.  It's not uncommon to have acid issues right after surgery -- and as others have said, it can make you feel really hungry.

Also, sugar definitely makes you feel hungry.

And, truthfully, you have really nothing staying in your tummy right now -- being on all liquids -- you poor thing you should feel hungry.  

I swear that your restriction will be felt once you move on to real foods.  

Also, this may seem obvious, but it wasn't to me -- but buying ready made broth or stock tasted so much better than bullion or the like -- if you are using that.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

anscoste
on 2/23/17 2:10 pm
VSG on 02/17/17 with

I'm looking into buying something over the counter ! 

Will be getting other options for drinks not involving sugar. I really hope I feel the restriction  partiatlly am questioning if I even got the surgery at this point lol ! 

Thank you so much for your suggestions ! 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/23/17 2:17 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I didn't have the VSG -- I had an RNY -- but I thought the SAME thing.  It's really common even through the puree part to feel like you didn't even have surgery.  I know I was scared because I was still hungry and I had thought that would magically go away.

I swear, once you are on more solid foods you will feel your restriction.  What you are feeling is normal. 

I can't promise you that you will never feel hungry -- but you will know that you have your tool and you will feel restriction.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

anscoste
on 2/23/17 2:20 pm
VSG on 02/17/17 with

Thank you so much for your encouragement !! I really appreciate it 

hollykim
on 2/23/17 1:43 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM Pacific Time, anscoste wrote:

I thought I wouldn't feel hunger either !! Lol I was so excited too not feel hungry. 

1) I didn't have acid reflux before so I'm not on anything. Maybe I'll consider calling about that. 

2) I'm drinking 4oz every hour for between 12-14 hours a day.  So I do not believe I'm dehydrated.  

3) I've been trying to remain as active as possible. Doing as much as I can around the house. And when I run out of things. I just go to sleep lol .

Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I really appreciate it !! 

4 oz every hour for 12 hours is only 48 oz a day. 64 + is usually the minimum required. I would up it, personally.

Most Active