My husband is considering surgery

Writergurl08
on 9/9/18 6:07 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I had brought up WLS as an idea for myself several years ago. My mom had RNY so it was in my "sphere." But my husband took the idea and ran with it. He was over 500 lbs and had a medical scare that kind of kicked him into gear. He had amazing success (lost more than half his body weight in 15 months), and I took my turn 8 months after he did. It's been great having a buddy system, and we both know what foods are "allowed" in the house, so there's no concern about one or the other of us eating the bad stuff in front of each other.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

vsgaimee
on 9/14/18 8:51 am - IL
VSG on 01/05/16

That's fantastic! I'm so happy to hear this. I love success stories. You hear many horror stories of couples who've either both had the surgery or just one. I can say that my husband has been a HUGE support. When I got my surgery he was battling some things and so he was quite disconnected at the time. We went through some problems..many problems maritally actually BUT by the grace of God we bounced back and now are on the up and up. God is good because without Him we would have divorced.

I am concerned of course..I worry about his mental state..not saying he is nuts or anything lol..but just know that it is mentally taxing. I do know that he can do it though. I just am really nervous. He's my best friend so I want things to be okay. I'm neutral to him though..I'll neither tell him yay or nay. It's his decision.

Thank you for the reply!!

HW: 315 SW:290.5 CW: 175 GW:150

F/38/5'4"

PCOS

Writergurl08
on 9/14/18 9:25 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I think it helps that we're both in agreement about how we want to eat...and I buy all the groceries and do most of the cooking, so if he wants something else, he has to go find it himself lol.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active