I'm Alive! Surgery went well!

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:29 am

I am thankfully still off work and can still doze off here and there if needed. I am thankful I haven't had to really take pain meds (other than the first couple of days). I go back to work at the end of the month

TJFox
on 12/29/20 5:42 pm

Congratulations on a successful surgery. It will be an exciting and ever changing journey and you are on your way!

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:28 am

Thank you! Still on the mend, but working hard to getting my protein goals in!

White Dove
on 12/31/20 6:00 am - Warren, OH

I had a timer and sipped one ounce every 15 minute. The first time I slept all night I woke up with very dry throat and lips cracked. After that I set an alarm to get up and sip every two hours during the night. I kept the water next to the bed. The protein is important but the sipping is critical during this recovery period.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:27 am

I started doing this. It has helped tremendously. I sleep with chapstick (religiously) and havent had issues there. I can't sleep through the night just yet, so I do sip a little here and there.

Bordone
on 1/4/21 5:31 am

Congratulations! Now the worst is in the past. My friend will have a surgery this month too, he is a bit nervous

SuMari
on 1/14/21 10:26 am

Thank you! Good luck to your friend! I'm still on the mend, but getting through each day close to hitting my protein goals!

Most Active